Search results

1. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

Yes. All of this is cursed. The absolute majority of Youtubers making a video about Enterprise Hardware at home / in labs have absolutely no clue what they're doing (looking at you LTT, or the other guy rambling about ICX6610) Including this guy. He even shows the STH forum post, but fails to...
  2. N

That's a recipe for a disaster. Always. The second cheapest ones on ebay (cheapest ones if you buy more than 5) are the known good Ciscos
  3. N

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

yeah and then spend hours upgrading through unnecessary releases...
  4. N

FWIW, 3.9.3124 can be downloaded here: https://content.mellanox.com/Software/image-X86_64-3.9.3124.img
  5. N

I‘ll see what I can do once I‘m back home in an hour or so
  6. N

Try to update the 3.9 partition to 3.9.3124, that might work. There are some incompatibilities with ASIC Firmware versions etc…
  7. N

Hm that‘s weird. Can you try letting the 3.9 fully boot and send the output of show asic-version? Interesting - what can Onyx do what Cumulus can‘t?
  8. N

What is the old version? Fun fact: I‘m migrating everything from Onyx to Cumulus. Cumulus rocks
  9. N

Old Cumulus Setups - cumulus-linux-3.7.16-bcm-amd64.bin and cumulus-linux-4.3.0-bcm-amd64.bin

Hey folks, I'm desperately looking for old Cumulus setups - Specifically cumulus-linux-3.7.16-bcm-amd64.bin and cumulus-linux-4.3.0-bcm-amd64.bin (it doesn't have to be the exact version number, and 3.7 and 4.3 is fine, but it MUST be bcm and amd64 - I have mlx-amd64 and bcm-armel, but not...
  10. N

Mellanox SX6012, HP 544+ QSFP+ and 40GBASE-LR4 modules

Did you manage to flash to stock Mellanox Firmware? It‘s possible that the HP firmware has some special locks In any case, I recommend using transceivers with Mellanox OUI programmed. Although people say that Mellanox is not picky when it comes to transceivers / cables, I don‘t agree. yes, for...
  11. N

ASRock Rack EPC621D8A BMC Firmware 01.65.00

Hey, Does anyone have BMC Firmware Version 01.65.00 for ASRock Rack EPC621D8A motherboard and could please share it with me? I have lost the image file and need to upgrade one board. Don't want to wait for the slow ASRock Rack support.... Cheers
  12. N

Mellanox SX6012, HP 544+ QSFP+ and 40GBASE-LR4 modules

try fae cable-stamping-unlock 40g_lr4 on the switch
  13. N

Transceiver Password Collection

...added Innolight TR-FC13T-NAZ
  14. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

no it's not, class 4 is 30W, class 8 is 90W, see here for example https://www.skyworksinc.com/-/media/SkyWorks/SL/documents/public/white-papers/understanding-the-ieee-8023bt-poe-standard.pdf or Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia
  15. N

Power Consumption Thread

Celestica DX010, IDLE (0 Ports active) @ 240V, Single PSU PSU Reports: 125.2W Power Meter reports: 142.0W
  16. N

2U Short JBOD Disk shelf - SAS3

NOT going to work. In this system, the PSUs plug directly into the motherboard. There is no way to power the backplane, as there is no PDB (Power Distribution Backplane) that has ATX power as in other chassis.
  17. N

Power Consumption of ConnectX-6 and E810-CQDA2 is roughly the same (ConnectX-6 need 2.5W more) No module lockout on Ethernet (it's a bit different for Infiniband), just some oddities (like the NIC refuses to run 100G transceivers at 40G if they don't have the Mellanox OUI coded) CX623106A is...