Search results

1. S

HPE DL380 Gen10 NVMe compatibility

Hi, does anyone know if in a HPE DL380 Gen10 with U.2 NVMe bay there are restrictions on the NVMe storage (brand, type, HP firmware)? Can I use i.e Micron 7450 Pro/Max; Samsung PM983; Kingston DC, Intel P series? Will a U.3 unit be compatible even in a U.2 slot? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  2. S

LSI RAID Controllers - PCIe2-6Gbps / Windows Server 2022

I also had massive troubles installing a new Server2022 with a disk array connected to an LSI 9270CV-8i. (This is SAS2208 based, not SAS2108 as the 9260-8i you refer. But maybe it helps as probably the driver is the same) It always resulted in a BSoD while booting after a finisshed install using...
  3. S

two identical (?) Seagate BarraCuda HDDs, to encrypt or not

Hi there I recently replaced one of my 5TB Seagate BarraCuda drives after one failed within my RAID array. I ordered the same as the dead one, ProductID matches. Both drives have a PSID written on the label, so they should have encryption capabilities. Now my LSI RAID controller shows me...
  4. S

IBM Lenovo x3650 (x3550) M4 Xeon E5 V2 upgrade

Hi there Does anyone know if a x3650 M4 (V1) system can be upgraded to a Xeon E5 V2? (The x3550 M4 is more or less the same system, but 1U instead of 2U) Originally this system was sold with V1 Xeons and later updated to a V2: System x3650 M4 (E5-2600) Product Guide (withdrawn product) System...
  5. S

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Hi all I have recently ordered an LRNV9547-4I card directly from Linkrel in China. This card utilizes a PLX 8747 chip with 48 lanes. I paid 258 US$ plus shipping, which was just a few days to Switzerland via Fedex. The card is working fine, tough at the moment I have only two m.2 drives to test...
  6. S

Patrick's 2021 Fiber Build-out

Where to purchase such thing?
  7. S

M5016 to IT mode?

Hi there Has anyone converted a M5016 to IT mode? If so, how? Thanks for your help!
  8. S

Enabling (free) LSI/Avago/Broadcomm Fastpath as of v5.7+

Hi there I have 3 servers with a LSI/Avago/Broadcom 9266-8i controller. Neither storcli nor MSM show Fastpath as enabled. According to Broadcom (Link) Fastpath is now a standard feature and sould be running without a hardware key (to my understanding). I tried downgrading to v5.5 and then...