Search results

1. C

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

Awesome. Thanks. Ill prolly get one.
  2. C

HP T730: $129.40 (shipped)

How are you using it for pfsense with a single ethernet port. If it works I would love to pick one up for that as well.
  3. C

36 bay 4U Server Storage Chassis

There is some level of fan curve, but it is loud enough that I can hear it almost everywhere in my 10,000 ft house. That being said its quiet enough that for most of the house its just white noise that is unnoticeable unless it is totally quiet. I sleep in the room right next to it and it does...
  4. C

Hardware Failures in 2020 - Post yours!

Nope. The ssds and the hard drives were in two different machines. I was actually able to rebuild the array after each 3tb drive died, but then unraid decided it was going to wipe the rebuilt drives because they had a zfs file system and it did not know what to do with that. Bear in mind that...
  5. C

I got a bunch of servers for free and I dont know if they have any use any more.

I have a number of questions. I got two t5140s for 100 dollars. Each of them has 8 146gb 10k sas drives in them. They are new. Never used at all, but I have had some major problems getting them working and they are also 8 years old arm servers so I dont know if they have any purpose at this...
  6. C

Hardware Failures in 2020 - Post yours!

I had two 860 evos, a 120 gb inland ssd, a 3tb wd blue and 3tb baracuda all die in a single day and a 12 tb wd red out of a easystore come doa. Total 6 drives in one day. Around 4.5 tb of lost data. About 250gb of that was irreplaceable.
  7. C

I got it today and it says on that grate that it is there to comply with international electromagnetic standards.
  8. C

Well it came today and he messed up and sent one with a motherboard and processors. No ram, but I have some I am about to order. I might need a third server case, but that is going to have to wait for another paycheck. Either way I still dont know what those are next to the psu. They have a 6...
  9. C

I was planning to just use a dremel or an angle grinder.
  10. C

There are 12 on the back. You only get 2Us for hardware. The other two are for drives.
  11. C

I just bought one of these and I think its a pretty good deal. He has another version that has the board as well. I decided not to go with that because I have some nice spare hardware lying around that is a lot more power efficient. Also he lists it as super micro, but I have my doubts from the...