Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

A seperate question: For a management VRF, is it better practice to put an IP address on a loopback and forward that to the VRF, rather than a VE? I ask because I have seen posts elsewhere, with people implying it's somehow better, but I fail to see how in any practical sense. Different if you...
  2. K

Hi all, Hoping you might be able to offer some guidance on moving from L2 to L3 code (I'm doing this really just as a learning exercise, actually do my routing in a VM). I have a batch of VLANs, with a separate management VLAN (VLAN 10). That VLAN had the management IP on it for inband access...
  3. K

No, I wasn't aware of that. If I ever get excited/bored enough, I'll revisit it. For now it has all just been rolled back and will stay as 1500 mtu other than the SAN switch, as that's all hardware that's happily playing along with jumbo's.
  4. K

Come on now, don't hold back; tell us what you really think! :D
  5. K

I haven't played with any QoS related stuff on the Brocade as yet, but generally you should be able to tag traffic on ingress in to a switch interface from the source. You then shape (or at least, police) the tagged traffic when it hits another interface. If you are lucky, the Brocade would...
  6. K

In my case, nearly all of that happens in virtual switching within the servers. Where it doesn't, they're on the IB switch with the SAN and can talk to each other over that. The only reason for jumbo on Eth was to speed up the access layer. Not worth the pain in this case, would rather have...
  7. K

Just trim off the version number for more recent manuals: http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/ Didn't link to it though as my understanding was the last version suitable was 8.0.30(u, from memory). Can newer versions be run on the 6610 and 6650?
  8. K

Yep, I'm coming around to that. Decided I'll just run FDR IB on the SAN interfaces, go to 1500 mtu eth for the trunk to the Brocade, and run 1500 everywhere from there on out in the access layer. Proving to be a nightmare with the jumbo's on the ICX. Liking the ICX otherwise though, really nice...
  9. K

Jumbo Frames. Don't run away... Anyone else see SSH issues after globally enabling them? I'm using the MGMT interface on the back to SSH to the ICX 6610. The interface MTU is 1500: sh int man 1 | i MTU Internet address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24, MTU 1500 bytes, encapsulation ethernet If I do...
  10. K

Disregard, I had ',' instead of '.' in the first nmcli command in the script that I failed to notice (bond.options). Don't worry, I'll show myself out.....
  11. K

Hmmm, seems like there is something suspicious in NetworkManager (at least on Clear Linux). Just built 'the same' bond using iproute2 commands, and the LAG on the ICX 6610 has come up. Catting around in these two: /proc/net/bonding/bond0/ /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/ Suggests the configuration...
  12. K

G'day Brocadeers **** EDIT: To clarify, I've got LAG's running to windows hosts and a linux based NAS, but it's OS is fundamentally different to the more vanilla systemd, Clear Linux distro I'm trying below, so not of much help... **** Has anyone managed to get a LACP (802.3ad) LAG running...
  13. K

Yep, that's about the summary of it.
  14. K

Thanks all, it's working correctly and as expected after a reboot, seems to have just got a bit hung up after the vlans were moved around on the port. As to your question EngineerNate, it's so that in the event of a hardware failure of the primary firewall, a cable can be moved to alternative...
  15. K

Well, exactly as I originally wrote basically: I want e 1/1/1 to drop any traffic from the end point that is tagged as VLAN 25 or 200, whilst accepting VLANs 1000 and 322. (The above could be clarified to include: "and also drop any untagged traffic, or traffic tagged with any vlan except 1000...
  16. K

Hi all, Does anyone how to enable 'ingress filtering' for vlan tags on a port (on an ICX 6610)? I know this typically has to be enabled as a separate setting in Cisco switches, but not sure about FastIron. What I'm trying to achieve is: VLAN Aware End Point, has tagged interfaces on VLANs 25...
  17. K

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

I'm looking into fan control options on these, my starting point being to try and create some pigtail intercept cables to monitor what sort of signalling is going on between the switch Mobo <> Fan Control Module PCB (Will see on this, lots of pins), and then the Fan Control Module PCB <> Fans...
  18. K

********************* EDIT: Nevermind, as ever, just a case of RTFM: https://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_cables/PB_MFS1S00-HxxxE_200Gbps_QSFP56_AOC.pdf 200Gbps AOCs: " It contains four multi-mode fibers (MMF) optic transceivers per end; each operating at data rates of up to 50Gb/s."...
  19. K

Any chance that you got around to testing this @Rand__ ? I need to get the fibre side of things ordered pretty soon, so I'll just take a guess if you haven't had a chance to look :)
  20. K

ASUS Z10PA-D8 - Dual Socket 2011-3

Awww, they don't ship to Australia :( Exactly what I'm needing two of to finish my lab, but now I have to pay more than 3 times as much per board here in Aus....sometimes its just better to have not known! :eek: