Search results

1. F

The Supermicro H11SSL-I Rev. 2 issues thread

Quick update on the BMC/iKVM - integrated KVM. I can only boot with an addin GPU when the BMC/iKVM is not full booted. 1. Give power to the Mainboard by switching on the ATX power supply 2. Directly after switch on the PC If you wait for too long powering on the system, then the iKVM will kick...
  2. F

Also thought a USB soundcard is the way to go, as I did not find any decent PCIe card where the soundchip is not connected via a PCIe to USB bridge. Ordered an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. Not the cheapest, but just a fraction of what the rest did cost,...
  3. F

Shutdown issue: Looks like I solved it as well. I have removed the Asus Xonar DV (Rev 1.02) and the system shuts down in Windows now. Maybe the issue is related to the PCIe - PCI Bridge on the card? It is a PLX PEX8112. I had some bad experience with those PLX chips in the past as well.
  4. F

Quick update concerning my GPU problems: The AMD Radeon WX7100 is only recognized in Microsoft Windows, when the integrated GPU on the BMC in ENABLED. It did not matter in which slot I had put it. It is currently in slot number 2, that is the second from the bottom. After I have enabled the...
  5. F

Yeah looks like I should have bought an AsrockRack board,... Atm. I can not even get my Radeon WX7100 installed on Windows 10, as there is no display adapter shown in the device manager and therefore the AMD driver tells me that no AMD card could be found. I guess it is an issue with the BIOS /...
  6. F

I had to set the priority in the BIOS to the addin GPU. After that I was also able to set the primary display output of the GPU --> display port 1, display port 2 and display port 3 appeared in the bios. The Radeon WX 7100 I am using got 4 display ports, but no monitor is connected to the 4th...
  7. F

That would be very helpful. Many thx, pls send me a PM.
  8. F

Many thanks for the info. The X399 driver package helped to remove some of the yellow exclamation marks! The AMD SP3 packages all hang during install, did not matter from which vendor I downloaded them. Now I have the following left: 1 x PCI Express Root Port --> The device cannot find enough...
  9. F

I installed the latest BIOS version before I began installing Linux and Windows. Win10 was also the latest version downloaded with the media creation utility. Going to try the Tyan/Asus/Gigabyte packages now. The Dell one did not work.
  10. F

Supermicro H11SSL-I-O only heartbeat light, no system power light

Is having a torque screw driver really required? I just screwed them down in the order that was shown on the metal bracket holding the socket till the screws bottomed out. My board is working without any issues for 2 weeks now. I guess that I would have to loosen the screws again, if this is a...
  11. F

Yes, I agree. I am trying to use a server board for my workstation, because this was the only Epyc board that I could find from Supermicro that has the ATX formfactor. The only thing that really bothers me atm. is the iKVM and the gfx glitches it produces. Supermicro already got options to make...
  12. F

I had the card in 2 other systems and had zero issues and also works in them, when I switch it back. Both Windows and Linux. My guess is that it has sth. to do with the board/bios. The problem is not only Windows related, but occurs with Linux as well.
  13. F

Any changes, when you hit Refresh? I had to hit it like a 100 times to get all post codes. From my point of view, the implementation of the snooping is really poor. I would have expected that I I could see some kind of log showing every post code one after each other. On my board I had the...
  14. F

I would like to summarize the issues I face when using the Supermicro H11SSL-I motherboard for my workstation build, so that others know what they might run into, when building a workstation with the same motherboard. I am aware that according to Supermicro the H11SSL boards are not meant for...
  15. F

Guess I gave not seen the sticker on my board, so I have reset the password with the IPMI tool from Supermicro. Maybe you try "ADMIN" and the password that is provided on the sticker and then try as username the one printed after "BMC", if ADMIN is not working.
  16. F

On my board there was a non-default password set as well (but no sticker on the board!). I had to boot linux via USB key first, download the IPMI tool from Supermicro and reset the password and user to ADMIN/ADMIN
  17. F

H11SSL-I Rev. 2 high power addin cards not powered after bios

Same issue on CentOS 8.1 and Manjaro Linux (Arch). I guess it is either a Linux kernel issue, or some problem with the card firmware. Also opened a ticket with Sonnettech - not sure, if they got Linux experience / support the card on Linux.
  18. F

I guess he means the IPMI. Plug in the top ethernet port (on top of the 2 USB 2.0 ports). You need to have DHCP configured. Check the IP that the BMC gets from the DHCP, then access it on port 80 on your webbrowser. User: ADMIN, Password: ADMIN (both capital letters). In webgui you can then go...
  19. F

Just installed Windows 10 on a second disk and the USB card is working. My guess is that it is some kind of Linux issue and the card is either not recognized properly / not requesting high power mode. Tried with Fedora Silverblue 31 and 32 beta - Kernel 5.5 and 5.6 - same issue on both Kernels...
  20. F

Just realized, that the card is and was detected by the operating system (Linux - Kernel 5.6) as ASM2142 USB 3.1 Host Controller (controllers on board say ASM3142), but USB devices plugged into it are still without power.