Search results

1. D

AMD Epyc Bergamo / Genoa (9734/9534) for ~40% of MSRP (and "free" mboard) @ NewEgg (2023/07/16)

Yes, I agree (assuming there's nothing untoward about the CPU; e.g. is it a QS CPU?). I was part way through purchasing the parts for a Supermicro / Genoa build (MB: H13SSL-NT-O, CPU: Genoa 9224), but on seeing these I decided I'd return those parts for a refund, and pay the extra to get one of...
  2. D

AMD Epyc Bergamo / Genoa (9734/9534) for ~40% of MSRP (and "free" mboard) @ NewEgg (2023/07/16)

There was at least one available this morning. Totally agree about NewEgg sometimes being a bit "iffy", and on the potential dubiousness of the "market sellers" - basically same potential risk as with Amazon seller's or Ebay - but these are sold, warehoused and shipped by NewEgg, so hopefully...
  3. D

tl;dr $4899 USD - AMD EPYC 9734, 112 Cores, 224 Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM4NE-2T ATX Server Motherboard $3429 USD - AMD Epyc 9534, 64-Core/128-Threads w/ Tyan S8050GM2NE Server Motherboard I felt like I woke up in the twilight zone this morning when, looking for an economical Epyc Rome...
  4. D

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

The “Renoir” based Lenovo M75q Gen 2 series is now available at Lenovo. it’s not listed on or searchable from Lenovo’s US site, but URL gymnastics get you there: ThinkCentre M75q Gen 2 | 1 Liter PC for Business | Lenovo US Fairly significant price increase over Gen 1 (since no sales on Gen...
  5. D

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Looks like Lenovo is getting very close to unleashing the Ryzen 4000 Serries [APU] based m75q Gen 2... it's listed on the Lenovo web site in many counties [not in the USA], and PDFs / reference material is already avialable. "Datasheet" ThinkCentre M75q Gen 2 | Enterprise-level 1L PC | |...
  6. D

AMD V1000 with PCIE x8

We found a cheap[ish] one... it's in the OP. GigaIPC AMD Ryzen V1605B Quad Display Dual GbE LAN Mini ITX Motherboard The question I asked was if anyone had taken the plunge and purchased the GigaIPC board... It's ~$320 USD for a mini-ITX motherboard with an included low-power [12-25 W]...
  7. D

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

I generally only buy them when they are on sale near the historic low price [which I keep a spreadsheet to track... ;-) ], as shown below: Lowest ever* WD Easystore BestBuy.com prices [as of July 2020] Size Price $ / TB 8 TB 119.99 15.00 10 TB 159.99 16.00 12 TB 179.99 15.00 14 TB...
  8. D

Correct, Correct. The issue was with the 4TB and 6 TB Reds, which aren't available capacities in the BestBuy / WD exclusive EasyStore series... I've shucked more than twelve of these [8, 12, 14 TB] drives over the past few years, and they've all been good [and NOT SMR]......
  9. D

12 TB WD EasyStore is on sale at BestBuy @ $189.99 USD. [$179.99 is the lowest I've ever seen it] They also have the 8 TB at $129.99.... [lowest I've ever seen is $119.99] The deals on the 10 and 14 TB models are not as good... :-(
  10. D

AMD V1000 with PCIE x8

I just came across this board - the GigaIPC mITX-1605A - via web searches, and came back and found your post. Did you ever take the plunge and purchase one? Still seems like it's only ITX option for Ryzen embedded. It's now $325 USD [plus ~$25 shipping] direct from mitxpc [and...
  11. D

AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

For CPUs, all Ryzen's [Non-Pro and Pro] work with ECC RAM. For APUs [the G and GE parts with integrated GPUs], only the Pro versions support ECC.
  12. D

Introducing Project TinyMiniMicro Home Lab Revolution

Do you have a summary/list of the number of machines and services you plan to setup? I ask because I think it would be an interesting price/power usage/size comparison between these individual, "tiny" machines all networked together, and one [or two/three] "mega" servers [say running EPYC]...
  13. D

Epyc 3000 platforms beyond mini-ITX

Me too.... currently have an X470D4U with a Ryzen 7 2700, but would love one of these. Other alternative is the ROMED6U-2L2T mATX EPYC board. NewEgg finally has it listed [but not yet in stock], and ProwessComputing has it incoming for $470 USD. Based on the ASRock Rack PDF, it's listed as a...
  14. D

Building a Lab Part 1 Planning with TrueNAS and VMWare ESXi

I'll add to the the enthusiasm / praise; I'm looking forward to the future articles in the series.
  15. D

ASRock Rack ROME6U-2L2T : New ASRock Rack mATX EPYC ROME motherboard announced

Official link here. mATX factor, and 6 memory slots...very interesting. AnandTech has an overview. Related, NewEgg has finally listed the ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T
  16. D

AMD Radeon Pro VII Launches as a DP Workstation Monster

Very interesting. Compared to the Radeon VII: - Double the FP64 performance... so 1/2 of FP32, instead of 1/4 like the Radeon VII [which is still way better than the consumer Vega 64/56s at 1/16th] - ECC memory - Infinity fabric card-to-card link - Slightly lower clocks [and power...
  17. D

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

It was listed as "Available" when I posted.. I have this url - all the AMD boards listed by Prowess - in my bookmarks, and check it with a reasonable frequency.....
  18. D

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

For those looking for a PCIE 4 motherboard, it looks like the ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T motherboard is now available [in stock] at Prowess Computing for $675.. I haven't seen it available anywhere else yet.
  19. D

Bestbuy - 14tb easystore external hard drive - $210

Yep. :-) "Unfortunately", I saw the $200 deal this morning and couldn't resist.... just ordered 2...
  20. D

Bestbuy - 14tb easystore external hard drive - $200

IIRC, this is the first time BestBuy is below the $15 per TB barrier on [any capacity] of these EasyStores..... Just ordered 2... :);)