Search results

1. C

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

As far as I've seen, EFM_SX is actually the only thing you need besides RESTRICTED_CMDS_GEN2. Look at the -o options for genlicense. Use those with EFM_SX license type to enable everything else, including fabric inspector (set efm_sx_max_ufm_ports to some value).
  2. C

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

The SX6036 was a little bit quieter and the SX6018 could run the fans quite a bit slower and was a lot quieter. I'm unsure if my SX6036 being single PSU and the SX6018 being dual PSU had any difference on how slow I could run the fans before tripping the fan alarm which ramps everything to full...
  3. C

I'm not sure if this is being directed at me and I'm not sure what 3.3.4402 has to do with things. I never stated anything to the contrary, step 4 and setting the mgmt0 / mgmt1 interfaces in /etc/mactab is still most definitely required. I'm sure if I spent enough time fiddling with...
  4. C

This thread has had many useful hints and information that has let me get my EMC OS SX6018 cross-flashed. I also have a native MLNX-OS SX6036 and have come up with a bit of a hybrid approach to dealing with these EMC OS units. Instead of flashing mlnxbase into the first OS area...
  5. C

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

This thread has had a load of useful hints and information that has assisted me with both my EMC OS (now cross-flashed) SX6018 and my native MLNX-OS SX6036. If anyone comes across this and wanted bash CLI access and hasn't figured it out yet here's a guide. First off get your switch flashed up...