Search results

1. K

Formatting disks for ZFS on Linux

This past weekend I installed Ubuntu 18.04 and ZFS on Linux. Admittedly, I am a complete Linux noob and my knowledge pertains to Googling and copy and pasting commands into the terminal. Everybody has to start somewhere! I've got some old disks I'd like to create a storage pool with just so I...
  2. K

Getting SMART data from ZFS disks in Proxmox

Hi there - I'm using an LSI SAS9211-8I to pass through two disks via Windows Server 2016 to Proxmox (old identical 500GB drives - I'm new to Proxmox and I'm testing things out before I start importing production data) and I'm having a difficult time getting SMART data from the drives. I used...
  3. K

Detaching ZFS pools in RAIDZ1 - functional external storage?

Hello - I have a question pertaining to a particular use case of ZFS, with FreeNAS. I'd like to store 3TB of data on 2x4TB drives that would be RAIDZ1. I want to disconnect these drives upon copying over the data, and store them on a shelf. I'd then like to test the integrity the drives one...
  4. K

Server error

Anyone else getting a server error message when attempting to reply to a thread? I've logged out, logged back in, closed Chrome, re-opened Chrome...Nothing. Tried replying a day later, still getting an error. My 'draft' keeps appearing in the reply box, seems like it's saved there. This is...
  5. K

Choosing hardware/software for home lab use case

Hi there, Long time reader and ZFS follower. I've been reading threads on ZFS for nearly two years now, just trying to get a feel for the different types of software/setups that are possible. I'm looking for a bit of guidance on what an appropriate software selection choice and hardware before...