Search results

1. Z

SFF-8484 36-Pin to Mini SAS SFF-8087 32-Pin Cable trouble in old Aeon Chassis

Before AEON was a form of bitcoin it was a system integrator that stuck supermicro motherboards in a chassis Aeon made. Documentation is non existent. My first entry with a server was to buy an Aeon chassis with 8x3.5 drive slots to use for Freenas. I used the system until I outgrew 8 drives and...
  2. Z

Multiple drive purchased with the same zero serial number wont work in Truenas

I purchased 3x 4TB white label drives from an eBay vendor to use in my Truenas server. I have a weird issue that they all report zeros for the serial number. They show the zeros in Crystal Disk Info program (Win 10) and when installed in Truenas. Each drives tests OK when installed separately...
  3. Z

Alarm at boot with SM X9-DR3-F

Is there a bios setting for the power alarm? I am getting an alarm that seems to be from the power supply monitor. Same alarm I get if I only have power on one supply in other SM systems. My config is custom/bizzare. I replaced the dying Intel S5520HC motherboard in the Intel chassis with a...
  4. Z

NVMe boot on X9-DRW-CF

I want to boot from Sabrent Rocket Q4 NVMe in generic adapter in my X9-DRW-CF motherbaord. I have looked at the Clover method but not the courage to try it. I just loaded a ton of video editing software so I really don't want to start with a new install. I current am running on a 240Gb SSD and I...
  5. Z

Thermal controller

I could not seem to get the right codes to control the fans on my Supermicro X9DRH-7F. It does not respond like my other Supermicro X9 motherboards. Even in the "optimal setting" the fans were too loud. I decided to use a hardware alternative. I used a ZIHYU 4 pin thermal control card and a...
  6. Z

BPN-SAS2-826EL1 Backplane question

I recently bought a chassis with BPN-SAS2-826EL1 backplane. This system has a X9DRD-7LN4F mother board. It is wired so that both onboard mini-SAS ports are connected from the MB to the backplane. This seems contrary to the BP documentation that says the normal connect is a single mini-SAS in and...