Search results

1. K

raid controller creating 2 partitions on a single drive help

so i have a dell perc H700 with a 3TB sas drive connected to my gaming pc. the perc H700 sees the drive and allows me to create a virtual disk using the full capacity of the drive, however when i initialize the drive windows 10 sees two separate partitions instead of a single partition with the...
  2. K

need help setting up my server by adding a cache drive

im building a storage server using windows 10 pro as the os. the purpose of the server is to back up my important data, so that if my steam games and other important data on my ryzen gaming pc is gone i will have it backed up. is there any way to create a cache drive using a 2.5 inch sata ssd on...
  3. K

need help setting up my server for file transfer

ok so i have my primary gaming computer running windows 10 which is connected to my netgear modem/router combo via ethernet, my server runs windows server 2022 and is connected via ethernet to a 10 port netgear unmanaged switch, the switch is then connected to my modem/router combo how do i set...
  4. K

help bios not seeing drives connected to sas card?

ok so i have a supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard with dual 6 core v2 cpus and a dell perc H700 sas/raid card, i have 8 sata drives connected to the raid card. if i go into the raid cards config bios utility All of the drives show up as unconfigured however if i go into my bios i dont see any...
  5. K

need help adding memory to my server

so i currently have a supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard, with 6 sticks of Crucial 16GB DDR3-1600MHZ PC3L-12800R ECC Registered RAM CT16G3ERSLD4160B.36FN memory. finding memory sticks with the exact matching part numbers, is almost impossible if not expensive. i am wanting to add more ram to...
  6. K

i need some info on this cpu cooler

ok so i currently have a SUPERMICRO MOTHERBOARD X9DRi-LN4F+ Rev 1.20 running a matched pair of E5-2660 V2 cpus. i found a socket 2011 cpu cooler but when i google the model number of the cooler i dont get any info ebay has it listed as HSO SM SNK-P004APA4 CPU Heat Sink w/ Cooling Fan i have...
  7. K

need help choosing a cpu cooler

ok so i have a supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ dual socket motherboard with square ILM socket/screw holes i need a cpu cooler recommendation the 1u passive coolers i have arent cutting it the mobo is in a fractal define 7 xl case
  8. K

X9DRi-LN4F+ cpu support help

so i have a X9DRi-LN4F+ but i cant find any info on which specific V2 cpus are supported i have the 1.2 revision of the board
  9. K

need help having memory issues

so i have a supermicro x9dri-ln4f+ with two E5-2680 v2 cpus and two stick of DDR3L 2Rx4 12800R ram sticks, if i put the sticks in P1 DIMMC1 as well as P1 DIMMA1 she boots no problem, but if i use any other dimm slot she gives me post code errors which is fine as it nets me 32 gigs of ram. the...
  10. K

need help booting 12 core lga 2011 cpus

ok so i have a supermicro x9dri-ln4f+ revision 1.20 motherboard she is running the latest 3.4 bios released in 2019, she has no issues botting e5-V2 10 core cpus but the two 12 core cpus are a no go no post no nothing im stumped i cant find any info on google on whether or not 12 core cpus are...
  11. K

need some info on my motherboard please

so i picked up a surplus motherboard for my server but google has no info on it hell even supermicros end of life page has no info on it its an Supermicro Computer, Inc X9DRi-LN4+/X9DR3-LN4+ i need the product page if possible as well as the user manual below is a screenshot of the bios info i...
  12. K

need help choosing a cache drive

i am currently in the process of building a file/backup server using a dual socket 2011 motherboard. i am looking for some recommendations for some sata SSD's, to be used as cache drives. 400GB or higher capacity is required for the cache drives i will be backing up files from my main pc to the...
  13. K

i need custom length sas cables where can i buy them?

so i built my server in a fractal define 7XL using a dell perc H700 with 2 mini sas cables, but the cables i bought are two short any idea where i can order longer cables ebay isnt much help below is a pic i pulled off google that shows how long i need the cables for context my supermicro dual...
  14. K

where can i buy a sata dom aka disk on module?

ok so im currently building a supermicro dual socket 2011 server. and i have run into a slight problem my 750 watt gold rated seasonic psu only has enough power connectors for 16 desktop sata hard drives, i emailed seasonic and this is what they told me. (Thank you for contacting Seasonic Our...
  15. K

need help choosing an OS

so im building a server and i need help choosing an OS. would prefer an OS that is easy to use and learn, bonus points if the server OS can use ssd drives as cache drives. my server will be for daily backups from my gaming pc to the server that way if my gaming pc crashes its backed up. i would...
  16. K

need help finding gpu drivers

so i bought a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard and i installed windows server 2022. but the gpu just uses the basic motherboard drive so my screen res is stuck at 1024x768 which isnt ideal for my 1080p display i dont seen any gpu drivers for download on the supermicro site the gpu is a Matrox...
  17. K

can i mix ram sizes and speeds???

so a few weeks ago i picked up a used Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ V1.20A with two 10 core cpus and 32 gigs of ram 4 8 gig sticks not sure of the speed im gonna assume its ddr3 1333 but i cant be sure since im not home i have several stick of 4GB ddr3 pc3 8500 both the 8gig sticks and 4gig sticks...
  18. K

just bought a perc H700 have questions

bought a PERC H700 with a 512 meg cache for 10$ from a local used pc parts and recycle store. googling the raid card dells documentation says the card supports a max of 16 drives, but if the card has only 2 sas ports and two 4 sata/sas breakout cables which would give me 1 cable per drive for a...
  19. K

is my cooling good enough?

my server motherboard shipped and came pre installed with these 2u passive coolers. my question to you is do i install the mobo and pray my case has enough airflow to cool these passive coolers or do i wait till i can get active cooling to set up the server? my motherboard shipped with two 10...
  20. K

does my motherboard support 15 core cpus?

so i currently have a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ V1.20A motherboard. from what i can tell the spec sheet says it support the E5-2600 v2 cpus max TDP of 135 watts. i have read posts on google about people getting 12 core ivy bridge cpus to work. my question to the pros here is will 15 core Xeon...