Search results

1. rrubberr

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks very much for the reply. So, as I understand, a final stepping SRKUS will work any board?
  2. rrubberr

ES Xeon Discussion

Hey everyone, I’m seeing an abundant supply of 8375C (SRKUS) “QS” processors on eBay for under $1,000. Any ideas of the maximum memory capacity on these? Also, does ES/QS have proper Optane PMEM support? Any idea if they’re supported on boards like the SuperMicro X12SPZ-SPLN6F? Looks like the...
  3. rrubberr

[FS] US: DDR3 Memory, Quadro K6000, HP Z Workstation Parts

I agree on a bit high, I did quick searches on eBay and these are what I came up with. That’s why the prices are negotiable. I’m in the market for DDR4 2933 or 3200 @ 32GB per DIMM and I’m seeing prices at $150/ea+ on eBay. Care to share where you are you getting lower? :eek: I’d rather not...
  4. rrubberr

[FS] US: DDR3 Memory, Quadro K6000, HP Z Workstation Parts

Cleaning out the following used parts. Memory for sale: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR3 PC3-10600R ECC REG 1333 MHz Memory. Dell Certified Memory part number of SNPMGY5TC/16G. Samsung branded. Looking for about $80. 64GB (4x16GB) DDR3 PC3-10600R ECC REG 1333 MHz Memory. Samsung branded. Looking for about...
  5. rrubberr

WTB [US-CA]: Xeon Platinum QL1F

Bump, got two, one arrived badly damaged so I am still in need of one. What a mess!
  6. rrubberr

Supermicro X11DPi-N IPMI not Showing Up on Network

Good evening all, I am having an issue in which, even when connected to the network by the dedicated ethernet port, the IPMI on a Supermicro X11DPi-N does not show up on my network. I have logged into my router and confirmed that it is, in fact, not present. The IPMI port has a yellow and...
  7. rrubberr

Bump, looks like I may need two instead of one, the eBay seller seems to have never shipped the item, so I'll have to file a claim.
  8. rrubberr

Hi folks, I’m looking to buy a Xeon Scalable QL1F. I was fortunate to find one for significantly under $400, however was only able to purchase one. The examples I have found on eBay are all overseas (perhaps understandably) so I would like to find a US seller willing to part with one of these...
  9. rrubberr

ES Xeon Discussion

So sorry, I'm the idiot here o_O The board I have is a "SuperMicro X11DPi-N," I had typed the wrong part number into my spreadsheet (oops!). Could you point me in the direction of this BIOS, or will I be able to use the MMTool to create this BIOS myself?
  10. rrubberr

ES Xeon Discussion

Adding support is a question of adding the microcode/stepping support for the ES processors to the BIOS, correct? This process seems to be documented somewhat in the thread "Supermicro x11spi-tf-o with Intel QL1K - Which BIOS."
  11. rrubberr

ES Xeon Discussion

Good afternoon, I recently purchased a SuperMicro X11DAi-N motherboard and have been planning to populate the sockets with Xeon QL1F (slower 8176) processors. From what I understand these should work with the version 2.1 BIOS for SuperMicro X11 boards. For RAM I will be using 6 Skhynix 16GB...
  12. rrubberr

Supermicro X11DPI-N Part Selection

Good evening all. Recently I purchased an X11DPI-N (revision 1.21) motherboard with the intention of installing it into a Supermicro 745TQ-r1200b chassis that has been sitting around for about two years without a system in it. However, with my current system being Xeon E5 V2 vintage, I’m a bit...
  13. rrubberr

Dual 2687w V2 CPUs on X9DRi-LN4F+

Thank you, that was a great idea. I wasn't aware of a similar CPU to the 2687w but those look like they fit the bill, and even stay within the board's power limit!
  14. rrubberr

Dual 2687w V2 CPUs on X9DRi-LN4F+

I recently switched to an older Supermicro server, a 745TQ-R1200B chassis with an X9DRi-LN4F+ main board and have been looking to upgrade the CPUs to the highest end possible for the socket. The motherboard manual states that it only accepts 135 watt CPUs, but the SNK-P0050AP4 coolers, already...
  15. rrubberr

Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ Sound Card Incompatibility

I have not tried setting the oprom settings for the slot, though I previously used the system in "Legacy Oprom Only" mode which I assume would accomplish the same thing, and that didn't work either. I will try this solution once I get home! I updated to the latest 2018 v3.3 Bios last night and...
  16. rrubberr

Yes, I have dual 2690s and thus all the PCIe slots are functional. I've tried setting the speed to 2.0 in the Bios, to no effect. I've also tried changing some ASPM settings, also to no effect. I would prefer to have an internal solution to a USB solution.
  17. rrubberr

Supermicro X9DRX - do I really need NVMe BIOS mod?

I got a 1TB PCIe based NVME drive yesterday, and installed it on a sketchy third-party add in card yesterday only to find it didn't boot, as well. The BIOS would not detect the Windows boot manager. Similarly, I didn't want to modify my BIOS, but what worked for me was using a Duet/ReFind boot...
  18. rrubberr

Sorry if this is the wrong category to file this in, but it is my first time posting and the issue seems closely related to the motherboard! I have recently decided to convert from an aging Z800 workstation to a Supermicro server system with newer components. While transferring components, I...