Search results

1. Z

Error with SR-IOV on pfSense using x710 NIC

Configuration Details: Intel x710-T4 NIC running NVM firmware 9.4 NOTE: I only just recently upgraded to NVM 9.4; the same behavior happened on the old firmware too (Dell v19.5.0) vSphere 8.0 U2 running the matched i40en driver (2.7.2.0-1OEM.800.1.0.20613240) as per the VMware hardware...
  2. Z

X540 losing connection on receive

I’ve got a quad port silicom x540-t4 nic that seems to work just fine when uploading/sending data but not when receiving data. It’s in a pfsense 2.7.2 box. When it comes up from a fresh boot all the ports are active and working and my clients get dhcp addresses and can ping the router and...
  3. Z

WTB ddr4 udimm 32gb modules

Anyone got non-ecc 32gb ddr4 udimms? I’ve got a desktop raptor lake system for which I’d like more memory…
  4. Z

Quad 2.5g nic card for pfsense

Can anyone suggest a quad 2.5g card for pfsesne that isn’t made by a no-name Chinese outfit with firmware I don’t trust? only thing I’ve found that seems to be from a reputable manufacturer is qnap but it’s expensive and not clear it’s really supported outside an actual qnap nas. I see 10gtek...
  5. Z

In ESXi a PCIe device works but isn't visible in lspci

I've just installed an Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe adapter in my ESXi host and on the very first boot ESXi saw the card and I was able to mark it for passthrough. On all subsequent boots the thunderbolt adapter is just completely missing according to ESXi; it's not listed in the hardware...
  6. Z

Why are enterprise self encrypting drives hard to find?

I’ve been looking for enterprise nvme drives supporting TCG OPAL spec and while I do find a few (ex: intel p4510) it seems like every single manufacturer has elected to make both SED and non-SED versions of the same drive so you end up having to find a very specific SKU. when looking in eBay...
  7. Z

z620 Supports 32GB DIMMs

I wanted to let everyone know that the gen-2 HP z620--the one that supports Intel Xeon v2 processors--does support 32GB DIMMs...specifically, I tested these: M393B4G70BM0-YH9 4Rx4 PC3L-10600R 1333 1.35V ECC REG https://www.samsung.com/semiconducto...3B4G70BM0-YH9/ These are not LR-DIMMs...