Search results

1. D

Sc846 vertical rack mount

I bought a vertical rack mount for my supermicro sc846 Product Gallery Category Layout I’m trying to find what’s the best way to attach it. Would the ears of the case hold the weight? If not, would the rails be an acceptable alternative?
  2. D

X12sca-5f insights needed

I’m planning to buy a supermicro x12sca-5f and pair it with a w-1370, replacing my existing x11ssh-f setup in my sc846 chassi. Has anyone got any experiance with this card that would like to share some possible insights and gotchas with me? I’m going to use it as a proxmox server with lxcs and...
  3. D

Asrock IPMI iOS question

I’m thinking of maybe switching my supermicro x11ssh-f motherboard to an ASRock EP2C612 WS. I’m really fond of the IPMI on supermicro so I’m wondering if anyone has any experiance with asrocks? I can’t seem to find any info on if they have a working iOS app. And also, I’ve got a supermicro sc846...
  4. D

LSI 9340-8i and BPN-SAS2-EL1, compatibility issues to consider?

I’m going to upgrade my 9211-8i HBA to something with pcie 3.0. I’ve found a deal on an LSI Megaraid 9340-8i 12Gb/s card that’s actually cheaper than the 6Gb/s alternative I’m currently looking at. Now, I’ve got a Supermicro sc846 chassis with a BPN-SAS2-EL1 backplane and I’ve read some old...
  5. D

Rack server chassis advice

I'm looking for a cheap 4U server chassis with space for 16-24 internal 3.5 hdds. I don't need hot swap or anything fancy like that, just space for my current 14 drives, some future proofed expandability, and my graphics card (hence 4u). Does anyone know of any good alternatives? I'ld also like...
  6. D

Advice swapping x11ssh-f to x11ssm-f

Hi! I've got a server with a Supermicro x11ssh-f today and now I've gotten hold of a very cheap server with an x11ssm-f. My thinking is to strip it for parts and sell off the rest. I'm considering to swap my current x11ssh-f to the other card and I would appreciate if anyone's got any thoughts...
  7. D

HBA pcie 2.0 x8 card on pcie 3.0 x4 (electrical)

I've filled up my motherboards 8 sata slots and now I'm looking for an HBA to get 8 more. Alas, I've only got a pcie 3.0 x8 physical with x4 electrical. I'm planning to expand my zfs pool and now I'm wondering if there are any serious bottlenecks having only 4 lanes would entail. It seems as...
  8. D

x11ssh-f and gtx 1660 graphics cards compatible?

Is the supermicro x11ssh-f motherboard compatible with geforce gtx 1660 cards? I can’t seeem to find any info on this.
  9. D

quick sync with c232 and c242

I know that Intel's c232 and c242 chipsets don't support cpus with igpu but is it possible to access the hardware acceleration (quick sync) for transcoding anyway?