Search results

1. J

Where to buy a couple of Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 power boards?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a couple of these as I'm striking out in my search.
  2. J

I got some FS S3400-24TSP switches for use at home...I'm impressed!

My network is simple with some LAG's, VLAN's, and RTSP. I let my Supermicro 5018D-FN8T Untangle box do the routing. I got 2 of the aforementioned switches about a month ago and another one showed up a couple days ago. I got them because my networking rack is shallow and most switches with...
  3. J

Supermicro MCP-290-00014-00 Compatibility

Do these only fit the SC836 or will they work on the old SC846 as well? I came across 2 sets new in the box, ordered, them and then found out that they may not work for my SC846 even though I thought they were right.
  4. J

CRS326-24S+2Q+RM Transceivers

It’s looks like Mikrotik has discontinued all of the 40Gb parts that this switch uses. Can I use Arista QSFP+ SR4 transceivers in it instead?
  5. J

Supermicro BPN-SAS3-216A-N4 cabling questions...got some answers from Supermicro.

I'm trying to figure out if all of the SFF-8643 connectors are required (ie I need 3xHBA's) for this backplane or if it's like a SAS2 backplane where only 1 is absolutely required and the rest are for redundancy and external storage? I've read the manual but I don't see it spelled out anywhere...
  6. J

Supermicro 846A rack ear "stud" replacements?

Does anyone know on the right side of the chassis if its possible to get replacement studs after the ear has been broken off? I can't seem to find a part number. I can find replacement ears but not the studs.
  7. J

Supermicro inner rail retention screw specs?

Does anyone know what the specs are on these screws? I'm sure they're metric but I need a bunch of them and paying $2+ each seems a bit excessive. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265584106486
  8. J

Where to source a PDB-PT836-B4824 power distributor for a Supermicro CSE-836?

I've found a couple, however, they are all over $200 so any other options would be much appreciated. I want to put a Threadripper 3955WX in my chassis but I need at least 2x8-pin 12V connectors it appears and 3 of them if I go ASUS WS Pro.
  9. J

HPE (Aruba) 1950 JG962A fan noise?

Is there any way to adjust fan curves on this switch? The CLI seems to be severely lacking compared to my 2930F. There is no load on this switch. It has no POE running and not even 100Mbps of traffic, however, the fans speed up at random it seems for an hour or so and then they slow down to...
  10. J

10Gb 16+ port switch for SMB under $1000 shipped (new)

I'm looking for a switch for work. SFP+ is fine but a few copper ports would be nice. So far I can find the Ubiquiti ES-16-XG, Mikrotik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM, and the Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM. I want a GUI as this is a part time job at work so I don't want to go CLI only. New and under $1K...