Search results

1. B

Anyone familiar with Arista chassis fan specs?

I was wondering if anyone happened to know the difference between Arista FAN-7000 and FAN-7000H? I have the ability to get a 48YC6 for cheapish but it seems it uses the FAN-7000H which is harder to find and 10x the cost of a regular fan. All I have been able to find is a Reddit post where they...
  2. B

ICX7250 ERROR: Ethernet external port not connected

So the 7250 does not have a typical console port. It is a mini usb RJ45 to USB will not work - Your usb cable might also not work OP did you get a console cable with your switch as that looks like a regular USB cable. You will need...
  3. B

ICX7250 ERROR: Ethernet external port not connected

Enter the commands in the terminal you are connected to using the console cable. The console cable wil keep your session alive in between reboots which are required in that guide which if you telnet will need to reconnect constantly. I am not even sure if telnet is enabled in this mode, either...
  4. B

Cheap 10Gb SFP+ enterprise gear - whats out there?

If you go to youtube and search for switches you are looking at - most of the time I have found startup videos to show how loud they are and then eventually calm down after booting. Aristas are the best, they scream when the OS starts :)
  5. B

The ICX6610 will be cheaper (as its older and louder). You can look at the different "beef" switches that @fohdeesha wrote up initially to get a feel of what people do with them https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/...
  6. B

Forgot to mention MikroTik would work as well, just make sure you read up on how to program them as the learning curve if you want to advanced things is steep and all community driven.
  7. B

I have pretty much your setup. I have in my basement currently an ICX6610 which has a SMF 10G backhaul to an external building 100m away which has a 6u small rack 8 poe devices for AP and cameras on seperate vlans. Then I used 40G breakout cables off ICX6610 for servers in the rack in basement...
  8. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

By the looks this combination will work for ICX7250? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TFGV7Z1 is USB to RS232 Male Serial Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006AA04K0 is RS232 Female to USB with CB-FTDI
  9. B

I was looking at replacing my ICX6610 with something that uses less power since I do not use QSFP. I am debating some ICX7150(-24P and -C12P) but read that the power supply for these models is terrible and burns up. Anyone happen to know any truths around that statement? I have 3 POE devices in...
  10. B

This is an option as well just make sure if you are doing BiDi the one receiver is 1270/1330 and the other is 1330/1270 or else it will not work (you cannot get qty 2) you need to get a different receiver.
  11. B

You pretty much are doing what I did. I have ~300ft between two buildings and I ran 12 strand OS2 MTP fiber between the two buildings. I use a cassette to break it out on both sides to dual LC and plug that into the switch using LR transceivers. This future proofs me if I ever need more then...
  12. B

Big Multigig (2.5 / 5 / 10) PoE++ with QSFP+ / QSFP28 switches

Hahaha and most recent feedback item was less then stellar on what they wrote.
  13. B

Brocade Inter-VLAN routing on some but not all? Help

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this all @Blue)(Fusion appreciate the explanation. Time to tinker. I am not a network guy as you can tell, more on the software side of things with k8s ;)
  14. B

Big Multigig (2.5 / 5 / 10) PoE++ with QSFP+ / QSFP28 switches

Thanks for the list, I am looking to potentially upgrade as Wifi is now 2.5G and who knows in future :lol:
  15. B

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Not sure if this will help but you could compare what the python script is doing and see where your mistake is. Or just run the script? https://gist.github.com/ixs/dbaac42730dea9bd124f26cbd439c58e?permalink_comment_id=4639253#gistcomment-4639253
  16. B

Why do you say that? I was looking to setup some basic VLAN which is really L2 aside from inter vlan routing. I could probably merge the VLANs if I wanted but overall just like the setup makes it easy to see what computer is where and what permissions the LAN has. Is it because of security...
  17. B

Awesome thanks so much appreciate it a bunch. Already have the VLAN subinterfaces on my opnsense as it does all the routing and maxes out around 2.5G trying to bypass that for the bandwidth heavy machines.
  18. B

I have recently been thinking about splitting up my main POE switch into multiple VLANs and I am trying to figure out how to do what I have in my head. I am trying to do intervlan routing on some but not all the vlans. The main point here is that I want VLAN 30, 40, 50 to go upstream to the...
  19. B

For the ICX6610 I need some more 10G SFP ports then the front and for the breakout ports on the back (right) seems simple LR4 and OS2 cable harness. Is that possible for the two left QSFP+ ports? or are those dedicated to 40g only link? even if using an LR4 (or SR4) optic?
  20. B

Configuring ports and VLANs on a Hasivo switch

mine is on the way - watching - if I get it before its figured out I can help here.