Search results

1. M

Gigabyte is refusing to provide GPL source code for BMC firmware

This is not true. SCF vs Vizio disproves this.
  2. M

Gigabyte is refusing to provide GPL source code for BMC firmware

I agree, this is a GPL Violation. You may be able to get legal involved by guessing the email (legal@ gigabyte?), or asking the support rep to contact legal. Gigabyte must provide the source as they are the ones distributing it. I was successful using this technique for Phase One, a camera...
  3. M

Not that I'm asking for help (ASRock Rack & "vertical" CMOS battery)...

Ooo fancy! Yeah I can only imagine, DisplayPort is very complex compared to plain old VGA!
  4. M

Not that I'm asking for help (ASRock Rack & "vertical" CMOS battery)...

I find a VGA->HDMI adapter to be a very good investment for this purpose :) I have yet to see a IPMI/BMC with digital out, I'm sure they exist somewhere, but not common at all(?).
  5. M

3GHz Single Core Turbo on KNL 7250?

I have a KNL 7250 in a supermicro K1SPE motherboard I've been playing with. I noticed that sometimes, the reported clock speed was above what the max single core/tile turbo was supposed to be, for example 2.1GHz instead of 1.6GHz. When compiling rust (lol), it spent awhile on a single compile...
  6. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Yeah I know/knew that, I did it by accident once. (my cpus have an adhesive graphene sheet on them and I didn’t label them…they are now though!). Just saying it was 00 on my supermicro board - is that what you mean by not a RoT firmware? What is RoT firmware? Root of Trust firnware? So they are...
  7. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Hmm interestingly, that is what my qyfq does on my x13swa, but worked fine on my w790 as expected.
  8. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Yeah same, there are some okay deals for 3465x’s for 1800-1900 I guess, given the msrp is ~3k, but otherwise yeah only a few 100 off it seems.
  9. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Makes sense! Bugs are fine, this is just for fun if it even was possible. And yes D0 and E steppings are cheap unless they are workstation skus! Or I am missing some only aliexpress listed qs samples or something haha.
  10. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Are there any motherboards that could possibly work with a QXHU 112L sapphire rapids C1 stepping 4677 eng sample? I tried a x13-swa and a w790 sage se, no luck. Someone mentioned ~30 pages ago that dell or Lenovo boards might support as far back as A0? (Which would be cool, somewhere I have some...
  11. M

SXM2 over PCIe

Double a 4090 on stable diffusion from a v100??? Raw Performance Ranking of GPUs
  12. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Has anyone tried asking super micro for ES bioses? I am guessing they would never? I have a QXHU that I was vainly hoping would function :(
  13. M

Supermicro 4028/4028 with 4090s and cutting the cover?

Interesting - that picture makes it look a little worse than it is? I have 2 of them now, with the byski water blocks. The height looks much closer to the typical blower that the reference picture, not sure how to explain that TBH. I will take a picture of the actual cards tomorrow, but this is...
  14. M

Supermicro 4028/4028 with 4090s and cutting the cover?

Interesting - clever/ evil of Nvidia to spec a non-standard PCB height to limit server compatibility. I wonder if this is enforced via threats or contracts to board partners? For posterity, the Gigabyte 4090 Windforce V2 (Not V1) are normal height PCBs with rear facing power connectors. The...
  15. M

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I had a similar issue with my board, though a different post code - BAAD - taking some memory out helped. Turns out it was because even though I thought I looked, I missed two standoffs that shorted the top memory slot and would have shorted the 10GB chip if I had a board with one. Removing...
  16. M

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Hmm on BMC 4.10, Bios 4.01, I get an error trying these raw commands now even: $: sudo ipmitool raw 0x2e 0x5 0xfd 0x19 0x00 0x01 0xfe Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0 netfn=0x2e lun=0x0 cmd=0x5 rsp=0xc7): Request data length invalid