Search results

1. K

Save UEFI ROM from ConnectX3, 3Pro?

I purchased some CX3s and CX3 Pros throughout these past few years and I've discovered that some of them are "OEM" versions even though the part is Mellanox. The issue with these parts is they won't work with non-Mellanox transceivers. Flashing them with the standard Mellanox firmware fixes...
  2. K

Rework for Celestica AVR54 bug

I've purchased quite a few Celestica D4040 and DX010 switches and wanted to share how they worked around the LPC bug described in Intel's AVR54 erratum. Most of my switches are manufactured in 2017+ and one in 2016, so I'm not sure if older switches have a different layout. The 2016 switch's...
  3. K

LED programming?

Hi, I'm just messing with SONiC and the D4040 image I got a long time ago from @okrasit. Even though it's old, it is interesting because the LEDs don't behave as they should and @fyx recently posted a reference to Kamel Networks's github information about SONiC stuff I never knew about. The...
  4. K

HPE Synergy Dual 10Gbase-T QSFP+ 30M RJ45 transceiver (838327-B21)

This part was talked about a while back being a unicorn. It's available on eBay for $70 and I purchased a couple to try out. Just search for the HPE part number. I'll let the deal makers get better prices. The listing says used, but mine were brand new in sealed antistatic bag with large orange...
  5. K

Q about JEDEC description

I have some DDR3 memory that has the following nomenclature printed that I understand is the JEDEC description. PC3-10600E-9-10-D0 What does "9-10-D0" mean? I posted a similar question on /r/hardware and someone said it was primary timings. But it doesn't make sense because I've seen timings...
  6. K

How do you shut down your VDX?

Have a 6740T and I read about someone whose system running 7.3 doesn't save its running-config. Poster states that it's because of pulling the power when shutting down that caused Dcmd database to be corrupted during next boot. saving running config on VDX 6740 logical mode | Extreme Networks...
  7. K

VDX 6740T mini-USB console trouble

From @fohdeesha's post about the 6740T, I just received one. I don't have a mini-USB console cable so I created one based on @Ouraing's post at https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/diy-mini-usb-serial-dongle.24245/. While I can see console output I can't type anything. Even ESC...
  8. K

Juniper SRX challenges

I've been a fan of Juniper network gear ever since I helped a friend with their Netscreen 25 over 15 years ago. It was my first exposure to enterprise-grade firewalls and while the learning curve was a bit higher the things I learned allowed me to deploy an SSG-5 at home and it was rock solid...