Search results

1. B

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Short Info for everyone who had trouble updating the Kronos IPMI: On my second unit I cloud not directly update to the latest firmware, tried FTP, Web Update and even USB Flash it only resulted in corrupted Backup Flash. How to fix it if your firmware is ancient: - Find the oldest Kronos...
  2. B

EXPIRED QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX8 - Broadcom oem variant 6 x 100/ 48 x 25gbe switch for sub 600$

Looks like a great deal, especially with ongoing software support. I am also very interested in how much power they draw at idle.
  3. B

Maybe there is another Option: Swap the Case and PSU. You can get a PSU Adapter on Aliexpress for around 10€. Even if you just use the mainboard, the price compared to supermicro x11 seems to be worth it.
  4. B

Hello, i think it mostly depends on your Storage needs, altough i would absolutly avoid SMR Drives. Used 2TB Enterprise SSDs can be a great and cheap (sub 200€) choice if you dont need a ton of Storage. If you need a ton of storage you can also get a external 3,5 Shelf and attach it with a PCIe...
  5. B

The main reason for me ist to mitigate the possible security implications of having a cpu inside my cpu that has access to all system busses, network controllers and memory. You can choose to run every OS you like, but you cant audit or change the software of that critical component.
  6. B

EU: Can you recommend a WiFi AP?

I can also vouch for the Aruba AP-303. You can often get these from eBay as "defective no link" for cheap and just reflash the firmware. Bought two for around 60€ a piece and flashed OpenWRT on them. They are fully supported and work great as "dumb" APs. I use them to host 3 SSIDs from different...
  7. B

If you dont like the Intel Management Engine / Intel SPS, maybe this can be helpfull :) https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner Tried the wohle process on our favorite little Fujitsu Server and everything seems to work quite well. The SPS is stuck initialising and BIOS displays an empfty SPS...
  8. B

Hey guys, great thread, I just found it recently after already modding my drive bay, but maybe this can be also helpful to somebody: I have modded my drive bay to accept other Fujitsu SFF Caddies, specifically these: https://www.ebay.de/itm/122109100363 You just have to bend the steel tabs at...
  9. B

Help with building OpenNSL for Edge-Core AS5610-52X

Hello, I am also looking into compiling OpenNSL for this Switch, i haven't yet bought the hardware, however. Do you have all the dependencies for cross compiling PowerPC under Ubuntu? Especially "gcc-powerpc-linux-gnu". The second picture seems to indicate that this package is missing. Kind...
  10. B

EU WTB - Mellanox SX6012

Hello, it seems like i have missed all reasonable offers on ebay for this device so i am trying my luck here. :) Thanky you very much
  11. B

EU WTB - HP G8 LFF Drive Cage

Hello, i am looking for a LFF Drive Cage for my ML350p G8. Thank you very much.
  12. B

EU FS : 6x WD RED 8TB HDD BRAND NEW 10/21 Warranty

I was able to locally pick up a couple of shuckable WD My Books for 146€ which is a big deal for a poor student like me. :D Thank you anyways, I am sure you will find a buyer.
  13. B

EU FS : 6x WD RED 8TB HDD BRAND NEW 10/21 Warranty

Hello, i am interested in two drives. How much would it cost to ship these to Germany? Kind regards.