Search results

1. J

Need recomendations on new server componants

i should also note that im looking to keep it to 4-6 Hdd in total (well max of 5 data and 1 ssd for the OS, unless SSD Cache will be handy, then i guess 4 spinners and 1ssd for cache and 1 ssd for OS).
  2. J

Need recomendations on new server componants

hi everyone im wanting to build a better backup server than i currently have now, as well as have some extra grunt for other things. and after a recent drive failure on my desktop, and losing a small amount of data (about 100gb) im looking to make live better. so the current setup is a...
  3. J

ironwolf vs wdred for synology nas

so, it seems that the wd reds are the best option then. thanks. now to try and find some decent prices for them
  4. J

ironwolf vs wdred for synology nas

hi all i have recently been given a synology RS812+ nas by a friend. and one of the drives in it is dead, so i need to replace it, but i am also looking at upgrading it to the largest i can, so that my storage needs are covers for years to come. its just a home enviroment, so it will...
  5. J

weird m1015 and intel res2sv240 issue

iam powering them through the molex, as the board im currentlyusing only has 1 pcie slot. (its a 775 and its the only one i can use to flash the m1015. the 1366 wont recognise them to flash them. but they do work in the os. and what commands would i need to use in megacli? i will give it a go...
  6. J

Its just odd that they work individually.
  7. J

i have tried that, but i cant seem to get and info about the expander in the bios. i press the keys (alt+d i think) to get more details, but i dosent load anything on the expanders.if i have a drive, then iget alot more info aboit it like serial etc... but nothing with the expanders. and i have...
  8. J

ok, i downloaded the latest intel FW for the expanders. one was already on the latest (254.13), but i flashed it anyway and the other one was on (254.06) acording to the flash update tool. annnnddd.... it still made no difference. i have found the stickers on the cards with what im sure is...
  9. J

I will check both of them when i get home. How can i change the address if that is the issue? I will also check that it is on the latest f/w Jason.
  10. J

have flashed it back to P19, still having the same issues. can someone on here confirm that the m1015 will work with more than 1 expander attached (wether directly or daisy chained) Jason
  11. J

yes, i have flashed the sas address from the back of the card. i do that everytime i re-flash it. Jason
  12. J

if i daisy chain them together, i get this error upon boot SAS discovery error 0x00000002 on adapter0, port1 i have a picture of my setup but i cant seem to post it. do i need to have access to imbed an image in a post? i click the insert pic button, and paste the url. but nothing happens...
  13. J

ok, i flashed the bios onto the m1015, aswell as updated it to the latest P20 F/W. and its still not working. i can get the expanders seen individually in the bios, in either port. but if i try them both together, then its a no go, i only get 1 to show. and if i expand it to see the drives, i...
  14. J

The m1015 is in IT mode. I will flash it to IR mode thisarfternoon. Was wanting it to work in IT so that boot times are reduced etc... The drives are mostly WD 3tb greens (have wdidled them to 300s), there is also a few 6tb wd reds and a few 2,3,4tb seagate green equivilents. I went with p16...
  15. J

The m1015 is in IT mode. I will flash it to IR mode thisarfternoon. Was wanting it to work in IT so that boot times are reduced etc... The drives are mostly WD 3tb greens (have wdidled them to 300s), there is also a few 6tb wd reds and a few 2,3,4tb seagate green equivilents. I went with p16...
  16. J

hi all i have purchased a couple of intel res2sv240 after every ine saying that they are the bee's knee's of expanders, (alongsode others like chenbro and HP). and i have an issue with them. when i plugged them in, they decided to ruin 7 of my 14 drive flexraid system, and i have lost a...
  17. J

new server suggestions.

Anyone? Would my idea be a good way to move forward with my server? Jason.
  18. J

new server suggestions.

i was poking around on gumtree, and there is a person nearby to me, selling 3 IBM x3650 servers. one of them has 24GB ram. would it be worth buying it and then pulling the cpu and the ram and putting it in my system to upgrade it to a xeon with (im assuming) ECC ram? he is only wanting 450 for...
  19. J

new server suggestions.

i think its either P17 or P19. i did try P20, but i had some issue that i cant remember, so i down-flashed it back to an earlier F/W. Jason
  20. J

new server suggestions.

wow, they certainly know how to charge for a xeon processor. :eek::eek::eek: