Search results

1. T

Non-posting build and Updating BIOS and CPU Microcode

Hey guys, I'm currently building a new workstation with a Tyan S7012 and two L5639 xeons. Problem is it won't post. If i turn the power on it will seem to power on for half a second and then turn off. There's a green LED on the motherboard that is flashing every second but there's no mention...
  2. T

PSU for dual CPU

Hey guys, I was wondering what PSU people used for their own build servers and workstations with dual CPUs? Looking at some other forums they say you can use any PSU and get a molex to 4 pin/8 pin CPU power adapter like this and that will work. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought. I was...
  3. T

Non-ECC Ram on an intel 5520 mobo

Hey Guys, Just wondering if an Intel 5520 motherboard (Specifically this one: Supermicro X8DTE) It says Non-ECC ram is supported but reading official intel sources they say it's not tested for non-ecc ram. I was just wondering if anyone here was running some westmere xeons with non-ecc memory...
  4. T

Dell C6100 at home

Hey Guys, First time poster! I'm looking at one of the many xeon L5639 Dell c6100 servers on ebay to use as a render farm. I was just wondering what considerations needed to be made before having one of these. I know I need a rack and was thinking of getting a 9u/12u rack cabinet on wheels. I...