Search results

1. Z

C240M3S 9271CV-8i Raid issues

@Switchback028 & @DRAGONKZ , Thank you for your input. I have replaced the raid card and hard drives with Cisco HDs. I am still going to test with off the shelf drives but noticed that when I replaced the raid card booting the system took a quarter of the time. So I believe that I some how drew...
  2. Z

C240M3S 9271CV-8i Raid issues

I am out of ideas with these C240M3S systems with the 9271CV-8i. I have two of them and both have issues where the 9271CV-8i will randomly disappear, and or the VD will disappear, and or it will detach a new hard drive like its failed. This happen on reboots or warm reboots but if the server is...
  3. Z

Is the Cisco C240-M3 worth it?

@jmck thanks, I cant find a model comparison sheet for the M3. What is the difference between the M3 and M3S? Also do you have an old ebay purchase link or what type of Lenovo caddies I should look for or is it just any of them in general? Edit: So Im guessing the "S" is small form factor for...
  4. Z

Is the Cisco C240-M3 worth it?

I would like to hear your opinion, is the Cisco C240-M3 24 bay worth the used/refurbished price point (2-2.5k)and are they reliable? The purpose of this machine would be to have a reliable 2U hypervisor that has storage flexibility. I would expect 2x Xeons 10c and 192+gb mem sound about right at...
  5. Z

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

Accepted 2x @ $115 each. I tried @ 110.
  6. Z

External M-Key 22x110 Enclosure

Yes thunderbolt 3 is support but did not want to got that route due to cost of the enclosures but it may be the only option. But performance would definitely be a big +.
  7. Z

Powershell NIC Command Problem

If you have an issue with a module forcing updates with "Update-Module -Force" may have a slim chance of correcting an issue. Dont know if this would work but you can try using one of these options instead of -name with enable-netadapterqos -InterfaceAlias -InterfaceDescription try to enable...
  8. Z

External M-Key 22x110 Enclosure

Does any one know of an external usb 3.1/C enclosure that will house an M-Key 22 x 110 Samsung MZ1WV480HCGL MZ-1WV4800 drive? Can tell if this one works with m-key drives
  9. Z

NextCloud opinions?

Set up NextCloud Server on Ubuntu 16.04 with Apache, MariaDB and PHP7 I found this post to be great and is what I currently use with the addition of Redis Cache. Would be best to install MariaDB on its own server though.
  10. Z

SMB Multichannel Trouble with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with ZFS, SMB 4.1.6 and ZFS

Did you ever have any success in your multichannel venture? I would love to hear if you have tried this on Samba 4.4+ current stable is 4.6. Here is my post. Sorry to pull an old thread to life but no one knows much of anything about multichannel.
  11. Z

Software Basics of SMB Multichannel and Samba 4.6.x

This subject is locked down and absolutely no one knows jack **** about samba implementation of multichannel. I've tried the samba mailing list and IRC channel my questions are avoided like the dam plague everywhere. This thread is in the top 10 in google for "smb multchannel linux" simply crazy...
  12. Z

I have to use it due to bandwidth / throughput restraints that exist in the Cloud because teaming or bonding is not an option and ISCSI MPIO will work but it is heavy and I dont want to. I'm working with 200+ GB single file data sets so speed network throughput is a must so the single thread...
  13. Z

I am having a very difficult time finding examples and the Samba documentation seems to be out of date or I'm not finding what I need. I do not have any question related to hardware I am fully aware of the hardware requirements my focus is on software only please. My current setup is on RHEL...
  14. Z

Sun Oracle Flash Accelerator F40 400GB PCIe SSD - $99 + 15 BIN

Can anyone shed any light about the "UNMAP feature" on these guys? I cant find much of any info about it.
  15. Z

c6100 XX2X2 mezzanine driver

Window 2012R2 did not see the card for some reason I did not think it would be a problem either. Yes, it is the LSI 2008-ir SAS. I will try the 9240-8i thx.
  16. Z

c6100 XX2X2 mezzanine driver

Does anyone have a windows x64 driver for XX2X2 mezzanine? Trying to install 2012 r2 dont know if a 2008 R2 x64 driver would also work.
  17. Z

WTB: C6100 XS23-TY3 Barebone Motherboard

WTB: C6100 XS23-TY3 Barebone Motherboard with no heatsyncs, ram, or sled. Rev A02 or above is preferred. I had of my blade MB just go up in smoke! These things are really starting to be unreliable :( but they are so cheap it is hard to not stick with them.
  18. Z

C6100 blank blade sled

Sounds good, but I insist on paying you for it. I'm in the DFW area. Ill PM you.
  19. Z

Powering a Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 with an adapter to ATX

You guys have some cool setups. I may have buy a node for a desktop too. Thanks for the tips!
  20. Z

C6100 blank blade sled

You can run it with any number of nodes. I just want a blank for ascetic reasons and airflow while I repair one of my nodes.