Search results

1. Beer_Engineer

Which Epyc 7002?

I'm currently in the process of replacing a E5 2620 V4 that was used primarily for an unraid server. VM usage today is minimal, but I'd like to keep that avenue open to me in the future. The server mostly serves up media and other MISC Dockers. My motherboard failed, so I'm using this as...
  2. Beer_Engineer

Rosewill 4412 (Hotswap) Yay or Nay?

I am in the process of building a new home server. After reviewing options in the entry level server space, I eventually landed on the Rosewill 4412 because the pricing wasn't much more than the L4500, and the ease of use promised by the 12 3.5 inch hot swap bays sounded like a bargain for...
  3. Beer_Engineer

Home PLEX, NAS, and NVR

Build’s Name: Goodbye QNAP, Goodbye paycheck.. Errr, Hello Freedom and Performance! Operating System/ Storage Platform: unRAID CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 Cooler: NH-U9DXi4 Motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X10SRL-F Chassis: Supermicro 846 w/ 920 SQ's Drives: 2x8GB WD Easy Stores Shucked White...
  4. Beer_Engineer

Help! Is this a great deal? Is it worth it? SM Chassis

Supermicro CSE846 SAS 2 2 PWS-920P SQ PSU All sleds includes NO Rails included $564 Shipped
  5. Beer_Engineer

E5-v4 cpu, seeking recommendations

Good evening! I ordered a MBD-X10SRL-F thanks to a nice deal offered up on Newegg. I wasn’t expecting supply on the e5 v4 CPUs to be so tight, but prices are quite high. I was able to secure a back order from B&H for about 450 dollars on an e5-2620v4. I’m currently using Qnap 251+ for serving...