Search results

1. Krazos

Problem with new drives on Supermicro SYS-6028R-TRT - Badblocks error

Hi, I'm trying to troubleshoot some errors on some hard drives. I have a Supermicro SYS-6028R-TRT server that I have put x8 10TB hard drives in, specifically 8 WD100EZAZ, which were shucked (from WD My Book 10TB). They are connected straight through the servers backplane into the SATA ports on...
  2. Krazos

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

It hurts so much to read what great deals you have over there. Here in Sweden 10TB costs 400 USD. I've paid 2400 USD instead of 1080 USD (if they cost 180) for 6 x 10 TB.. :( And I can't order them cheap from eBay, the shipping and import charges that eBay add makes it as expensive
  3. Krazos

Living the dream, building our own server room from scratch!

License costs. It's very expensive and this is sufficient for us. Also. This is just for VM's. Not backup or other kind of storage. We'll buy a backup server for that soon with more capacity and without these expensive licenses.
  4. Krazos

I work with Legen. Here's a picture of the servers mounted in the rack. I might as well use this as my profile picture.
  5. Krazos

We're just waiting for the Chassi, all other parts have arrived. Then we'll post pics! :) The chassi will probably show up this week, I hope.
  6. Krazos

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

What good CPUs can you recommend for the C6100 with 3.0+ Ghz clock? I dont know much about serverprocessors, but I read that the C6100 supports 55xx och 56xx, does this mean ALL processors that has 55xx/56xx? What does the letter before 55xx mean? I see some with E, X and W (W55xx).
  7. Krazos

Hi! I have a problem installing 2 nodes. They are on a network where DHCP doesnt work (we are working on this), And I cant set static ip through the BIOS because that might brick the board Ive heard. Ive tried to connect my laptop with a DHCP server installed to the BMC card, but it wont get...
  8. Krazos

Yes I have, and it got delivered about 1½ week after order. Btw, Where can I find any hard drive bays for SSD's? I bought an intel 520 and it doesnt fit in my c6100.