Search results

1. D

Is the bracket needed for backplane swap on CSE-826?

The chassis came with BPN-SAS-826El1 but there was no metal bracket installed with it. The backplane I bought has one, but the screws securing the old backplane aren't long enough to secure the assembly. Can I go without the metal bracket or is that a bad idea?
  2. D

ISO: C32 Brackets for NH-U12DO A3

This is a long shot because it's such an old cooler, but the other set of brackets were lost in a move. I would consider buying the whole cooler kit. *Edit* Never mind. Noctua support is amazing!
  3. D

[WTB] supercap/BBU pack for the Adaptec/Microsemi AFM-600CC in the U.S

I ordered one on Ebay and I doubt it will get here until mid-December. PCI slot retention board is not necessary but would be fine. I'll even take two if you had them. Thanks! Example
  4. D

TBS6618 DVB-C TV Tuner (CAM/Smartcard) $70(or BTC)

*Still* BS6618 DVB-C TV Tuner (CAM/Smartcard) $70(or BTC) Hi, I bought this by accident when I was shopping for a tuner card. I realized my mistake after it shipped. I figured that STH was a good place because many folks have media servers in some form or another. Ill take care of shipping...
  5. D

SuperMicro 731i-300B Black Pedestal Server Case 300w

The case: Systemax SuperMicro 731i-300B Black Pedestal Server Case with 300 Watt Switching Power Supply Is at Micro Center for a cool $29.99, I didn't realize what a great deal this was until I priced this elsewhere. I picked it up locally in MD so YMMV with that, still shipping aside, its...
  6. D

Extremely hot chipset on the H8SGL-F, need help :/

*Update*Extremely hot chipset on the H8SGL-F, need help :/ I realized I had not updated this when I had it sorted, sorry bout that. My fans were swapped for 2x Yate Loon front intake & 1x Yate Loon exhaust. It was a good move to go with those, I folded for a few hours to double check...
  7. D

Sanity check regarding 3420 / 3400 chipset memory requirements

I'm looking for two reasonably priced 8gb dimms for my x8sil-v board and I've been reading through the various threads discussing the topic however, I wanted to double check my understanding of thing before I spend. I'm referring to the chart on the Supermicro site. Super Micro Computer...
  8. D

Case to fit a Noctua nh-u9do

I'm still piecing together my build, my first question is, should I post a build thread albeit incomplete so I can reference to that? Since the future of my living space is uncertain(roomates, significant other etc) I decided to go for a workstation style build and chose the Noctua...
  9. D

Are Supermicro cards strictly for sm motherboards & servers?

Hi this is my first post here, I usually prefer to lurk a bit more but I haven't been able to Google any articles dealing with with using cards on hardware not on the hql I found a cheap Adaptec ASR-3405 https://www.adaptec.com/en-us/products/controllers/hardware/sas/value/sas-3405/ however...