Search results

1. W

AMD EPYC 7401P CentOS 7.4 benchmarks - cpu soft lockups?

I am running into same problem with my Ubuntu 18.04 daily build. I haven't done any tuning with kernel parameters, but the few parameters you mentioned here isn't passed to my kernel cmdline. I am kinda surprised that 3.10 kernel works with EPYC. Or does CentOS 7.4's 3.10 have lots of backports...
  2. W

EPYC 7401P is not reaching all-core boost

Thanks. Somehow search didn't show me this thread or I missed it. Let me reply there instead to avoid duplicates.
  3. W

EPYC 7401P is not reaching all-core boost

I assembled my 7401P with Tyan S8026 and 8 DDR4-2666 DIMM. It's supposed to have an "all-core boost" of 2.8GHz, but I am only getting 2.35GHz when running BOINC projects. Searching online, information has been thin but I am definitely not alone: EPYC 7401 - Slow Rendering in 3Dsmax and VRay...
  4. W

2011 Passive CPU cooler

I think that's the exact cooler came with my SV7210 chassis. It definitely needs the shroud and chassis fan to be effective and at 100% utilization with 25C ambient, the fans usually spin pretty hard to keep both CPUs below 85-90C.
  5. W

Are single-socket EPYC coming to retail?

Thanks! I can sure wait for a few more weeks. Looks like the 7401P on Acme is pre-order as well. I will do another few rounds of search regularly. :-) Meanwhile, if you have other websites you regularly buy from, I would love to know and keep an eye on them.
  6. W

Are single-socket EPYC coming to retail?

Sorry I am not quite familiar with where to buy new server hardware. I've only bought two pairs of dual SNB E5 (used) from ebay when they were really cheap early last year. Now I am looking to replace that 700W system with a single EPYC 7401P. However I search, it seems that they are...