Search results

1. R

CRS317-1G-16S+RM Come on Guys

Sorry, I meant something more formal like a STH review. I am looking forward to seeing some one with a test lab push this guy to the limits. I have only three servers with dual link 10G ports to push traffic from. I get the sense from my own testing that I am not really pushing the switch (I...
  2. R

CRS317-1G-16S+RM Come on Guys

This switch seems like a real game changer for homelabs and small businesses. Its 16ports of 10G muscle, silent and only $340. It just seems that this switch would serve the home quite well. When are we going to see a review for this guy on STH?
  3. R

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

I am using 6.40.5. Full disclosure I replaced my fans with Nactua fans. That being said, I owned the switch for weeks before I replaced the fans and never heard it. I have the switch against a wall behind a book shelf in my living room and no one knows its even there.
  4. R

I have had both switches and I returned the ES-16-XG. It had horrible compatibility issues and the 10G copper ports didn't work for sh1t. I am familiar already with both interfaces so that was a wash for me. I don't use the Mikrotik for layer 3 stuff for that I a pfsense box LACP'ed into the...
  5. R

Sorry for the late response here. The switch has never gone over 47C even under "heavy" sustained load.
  6. R

Sure, I will post when I get home today. I am using ROS
  7. R

I have had this bad boy for two weeks already. I have it mounted on a wall behind a shelf in my living room. I have three Xeon D 1540 with two DAC's each plugged into it. The DAC's are all generic from FS.com. I have yet to hear the fans kick on so its been totally silent. I have been able to...