Search results

1. L

WANTED: 3.84 TB Samsung SM863/SM883 SSDs, Xeon W3690/X5690

In EU? ..sharing is caring! :D Where did you find them,? ..also on the hunt for a few.
  2. L

Poor mans 'Staggered Spin-Up'

Thanks for the input! ..I certainly are'nt well versed in electrical matters so I value any input in the matter. Please do tell if you find any suitable alternative to 'my' relays here. I do like the board however as it holds some good logic (Arduino compatable) and wifi module/web page with...
  3. L

Yes, they are all electrically connected but I have two relays on each backplane of 16 drives each. So thats 8 drives on each relay. I think I'll be ok. At any rate I have managed to jack into the serial port of the backplanes and got some healthy readings and feedback from a few ideas. At last...
  4. L

Really? Could you please point me to a source for that information? ..from what I have read the wattage is the culprit and you can recalculate the current and amperage based on the max wattage value. https://relaypros.com/choosing_proper_amperage.htm
  5. L

Well, from how I understand it's all about the power load (wattage) you put through them. The relays are rated for 30A @ 30VDC (900W) which if recalculated to 12VDC gives me 75A (900W).
  6. L

EU WTS Cluster of 3 Raspberry Pi4 8GB + Poe Hat + 32GB USB

..and that's the mindset that set your price here as well, thus a much a scalper as them.
  7. L

So, I decided to get back on the path on controlling the power delivery to each backplanes and that way having control over the peak loads on PSU. I have the code pretty much figured out as it is really trivial but not yet sure on the electrical specs. Yesterday I found this gem: DC7-28V 5V...
  8. L

I think I might have a smooth solution to this... As I have chucked a lot of WD My Books and WD Elements I have read quite a few posts from people with chucked drives that refuse to boot up due to the 'Power Disable' feature which is controlled by P3 (Pin 3) on the Power Connector. If a 3.3v...
  9. L

Yes, I have looked into that as well. I am running Debian and have access to hdparm and all tools available for the dist. I did utilize hdparm before when turning off all drives that werent in use and spin-up when access (snapraid and media storage). However, the spin-ups a few times a week and...
  10. L

Thanks for input! The BPN-SAS2-936EL backplanes are fed with two (2) separate Molex connected set of wires all the way back to the PSU. The Corsair AX1500i has six (6) SATA/Periphial power 'outlets' giving the backplanes 2 dedicated 'outlets' each. Cables that came with the PSU I have crimped...
  11. L

As title hints I am doodeling around on how to create a somewhat staggered spin-up of my 3x Supermicro BPN-SAS2-936EL backplanes with 16 disks a pop. Those 48 disks (at this time only 28) are powered by a Corsair AX1500i which obviously are struggling with deliver the amperage when all disks...
  12. L

Storage Strategy for Large Plex Libraries

Yes, I myself have quite a few nice collections of ooold collectables that already are out of Blu Ray prints.. I dont trust optical discs and I really cant collect them as well.. Hmm, it's a decision that has to be made. I have a dedicated server room with dedicated cooling and such and a...
  13. L

You mean 'scrub'? Well, it's not really as sophisticated as ZFS in terms of bit rot / real time verification. Also, when as much data as I have scrub takes ages, much longer than the sync itself.
  14. L

I hear you. It sounds reasonable to split up the data like that. I personally don't have any photos nor family and it's all video for me but my collection is getting soo crazy big the bit rot issue bugs me a bit. I have as of today 26 data and 4 parity. It's all 14TB disk so it's now or never if...
  15. L

I understand perfectly the 'disconnect' as I am myself going back and forth in reasoning if I should migrate my data to Z-RAID. SnapRAID has served me very well but something gnaws in me knowing there is a bit here and there that might flip eventually..
  16. L

May I ask what reservations you have regarding SnapRAID when store 'big' streaming media, like video files? The only negative issue I can see compared to ZFS and RAID-Z is the bit rot one but I am having difficulty to see the impact of a bit switching in a 20+ GB video stream?
  17. L

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

I am pretty sure they have conditions that apply. Like if the price is extraordinary low for a brand new item that was manufactured within the month before. In Sweden we have that and I am pretty certain you do too. They will know you sold it to me for 300 EUR so they understand your price was...
  18. L

EU [EU-GER] FS: 19x NEW SSD Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 — PLP — Endurance ~7 PBW // Shipping worldwide

I am pretty sure they have conditions that apply. Like if the price is extraordinary and obviously too low for a brand new item that was manufactured within the month before. In Sweden we have that and I am pretty certain you do too. They will know you sold it to me for 300 EUR so they...
  19. L

Okidoki. :) I am pretty sure I will be ok.The ball is rolling already.. I am also sure they will be interested in how you can offer 25 (from start?) pieces of brand new Samsung PM9A3 3.84TB M.2 enterprise drives for waayyy under half the price.. You do realize that the way you are acting here...