Search results

1. B

Is it possible to make host-managed SMR work on a standard desktop PC?

I don't have any experience, but maybe this might help you? https://zonedstorage.io
  2. B

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Are there any updates to the vSZ license optimizations for home use ;)?
  3. B

Thank you for your detailed answer. I did not try to flash the AP with the commands above because I was scared to break the AP with flashing an image without setting the correct boot parameters. And thank you for explaining the mtd-part. I'm not that expirienced with emedded devices and...
  4. B

Hi, my two cents to the awesome guide for reflashing the Xclaim-APs: I think there might be an easier way to flash another FW to the ap (just in case it may help someone somewhere): set rpmkey wsgclient/ignore-fw 1 # this will force the AP to accept any firmware as valid, this will also...
  5. B

USB-C for Dell OptiPlex 7010 Micro?

It seems that the part number is 6HRDV/492-BDCO: Optional I/O module- USB Type C with Displayport Alt Mode | DELL Technologies Google has indexed some pages on dell.com that reference 6HRDV, but none of them are available now. Recalled product? Or available only integrators?
  6. B

Because USB-C carries a whole lot of protocols in addition to plain USB. A converter would not work for them.
  7. B

Dell OptiPlex 7010 Micro PCs (just "Micro", not "Micro plus", see Dell OptiPlex Micro 7010 System Guide | Dell Canada) do not have any USB-C port. Does anybody know if USB-C ports can be added using the empty extension ports on the rear?
  8. B

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Any thoughts on ram speed? the difference between 32gb sticks of 2133mhz and 2400mhz seems a little steep on ebay
  9. B

Huawei MA5671A SFP ONT won't fit in Mikrotik CRS317, CRS328

Try forcing the link settings, as per MikroTik wiki.
  10. B

SOLD: Supermicro MCP-220-84606-0N HDD Tray 2 x 2.5"

I bought an optional 2 x 2.5" external hot swap kit for my supermicro 846 chassis. I should have read some more before purchasing. My 846 chassis only has the space for the slim DVD in the rear. Per SM's site: Optional HDD kit for SC846BA/E16/E26 chassis only. This is new in box. I removed the...