Search results

1. traderjay

New EPYC 7402P Build (256GB RAM) and just got a Asserted Correctable ECC error...

So my new TruenAS rig with the following spec just threw an ECC error... CPU - EPYC 7402P – 24 core RAM - 256GB DDR4 ECC RAM MOBO - ASROCK EPYCD8 I read a few threads here and it indicates failing or bad RAM..so I guess the best steps would be to run memtest and keep an eye on the system to see...
  2. traderjay

SOLVED: Anyway to improve the performance of new TrueNAS rig (EPYC 7402P)

THANKS all for the suggestions. I solved my issue by creating a 3 x 2(disk) mirror and now I am able to edit and scrub the footage smoothly! Performance went up by ALOT! So just recently built a new TrueNAS core rig with the following spec: CPU - EPYC 7402P – 24 core RAM - 256GB DDR4 ECC RAM...
  3. traderjay

Truenas core hardware change from Intel XEON to EPYC question

Hey guys - hashwell quad core XEON with 16GB of RAM is really limiting my TrueNAS performance so I am going to switch the an EPYC based rig with 256GB of RAM. Just wondering though will the data in my RAIDZ2 arrays remain intact if I do the board swap?
  4. traderjay

Remote desktop via browser and IP only without installing anything

Any options out there that allows me to access another box in the LAN via web browser and IP only without installing anything on the client side?
  5. traderjay

Canada FS: ASUS ROG STRIX 3090OC with Custom VRAM cooling and other enhancements.

For sale is the ASUS ROG STRIX 3090OC (ROG-STRIX-RTX 3090-O24G-GAMING) in excellent condition and with improved cooling. This card used strictly for content creation and light gaming and NEVER used for MINING. I use it primarily to edit 8K RAW footages from my Canon mirrorless with Davinci...
  6. traderjay

FS: Lenovo Enterprise 2.5 3.84TB SATA SSD 4XB7A17079 Brand New Sealed

For sale is SIX Lenovo enterprise SATA SSD. Price is USD$600 each and bulk discount is available. Ships via UPS and please contact me for the exact shipping cost.
  7. traderjay

Canada FT/FS - Lenovo ThinkSystem Broadcom 57414 - network adapter - OCP for GPUs or other offer

I have a brand new unopened lenovo OCP NIC and would like to trade it for a mid or entry level GPU (current or last gen) or willing to sell it for a reasonable price.
  8. traderjay

Canada FS: AMD EPYC 7702 CPU

I am selling my AMD EPYC 7702 used for about a year or so doing video rendering and XMR mining. Always used in a climate controlled room with excellent cooling (Dark Rock Pro TR4 cooler) Asking for USD$4000 or OBO and will ship worldwide. You can check my ebay feedback - traderjaycanada on eBay...
  9. traderjay

Canada WTB - Supermicro or ASROCK EPYC Rome motherboard

Looking for a single socket EPYC board in ATX or smaller form factor.
  10. traderjay

Canada WTB Dual Socket EPYC motherboard with Rome support

I need a dual socket epyc board to complete my build and hope one of you have a board to spare!
  11. traderjay

Can the H11DSi fit two Dark Rock Pro TR4 heatsink...

I am preparing the build of a dual CPU EPYC Rig and the only motherboard choice is the H11DSi...I am wondering if the board will have spacing issues with two dark rock pro heatsink - be quiet! I currently have the single socket EPYC board with one Dark Rock Pro.. will probably have to look and...
  12. traderjay

Canada WTB - 6TB+ Workstation/Server SATA drives

Anyone here has good drives on sale? Would like to get them for backup and store my huge 8K Raw video files.
  13. traderjay

Payback is a B**** for Intel - 7nm process is so broken its not even funny...

Time to pop some champagne - first I sold my Dual XEON platinum rig using the ancient process for more $$ than I paid over a year ago...which allowed me to fully fund my EPYC 64 core ROME rig. Second, Intel 7 nm process is so broken beyond repair.... when AMD launches Milan...thats when the...
  14. traderjay

Canada FS: ASUS Rog Strix RTX 2080 Ti o11g gaming GPUs 3 pieces

Up for sale are my RTX 2080 Tis. One has its original box and the two other GPUs are card only. All GPUs are less than one year old and used in video editing workstations with very good cooling and never overclocked. PRICE - USD$1350 Shipping to Canada and USA is USD$35. Please contact me for...
  15. traderjay

My fully portable AMD Ryzen 3950X Workstation Build Complete

I waited for a long time for a case with a decent integrated handle in form factor that is convenient to carry to and from work, while enjoying some epic gaming sessions in between. The Rzyen 3950X doesn't disappoint. Full specs: CPU: Ryzen 3950X Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact...
  16. traderjay

Anything I can do to "tweak" or further optimize my EPYC rig?

Is there any BIOS or windows settings that I can "tweak" to further improve my EPYC 7702 performance? On a consumer level board such as the 3950x there are tons of options to tweak and sometimes you set 15%+ improvement in performance, anything similar for the EPYC system?
  17. traderjay

Intel says the industry should switch from "benchmarks to the benefits" of tech

This is what you get when you have CFO doing a CEO's job at a tech company. https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-tiger-lake-move-away-from-benchmarks/ Says it all about intel's 4th and 5th gen XEON parts as well, they will be smoked by AMD. Maybe intel can compete based on the number of +++++ at the...
  18. traderjay

My new 64 core EPYC workstation ROARS to life!

With enough cores and flops for the entire family and more to spare Build was almost derailed becuase lack of EPYC compatible CPU cooler in Toronto Canada....found the ONLY one in all of Ontario on Friday....Everything housed in a Lian-Li PCV-2120x case that I bought in 2013 which will last...
  19. traderjay

The EPYC 7702 Demolishes my Dual XEON platinum rig ...not even close

Man...i am still in awe by the hash rate from the 7702 running 8x8GB of DDR4 PC2400 ECC RAM... I am getting close to 43000 H/sec while mining monero which is more than 2X what I am getting my Dual XEON platinum 28 cores... that old rig can only hit maybe 21000 H/sec which consuming 350W++ in power.
  20. traderjay

Old LSI PCIE Gen 2 SAS Raid controller not compatible with Supermicro EPYC platform?

I just finished setting up an EPYC 7702 rig with the H11SSL-i board. Everything went smoothly but I had to remove the LSI SAS controller (9266-8i) or else windows will not install (BSOD). After a successful windows installation I plugged the card back in and the same BSOD appeared...