Search results

1. A

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

hooray. now I just need to get my damn hardware clock rolled back again...truenas will change it to 2021 from the OS...but I can't find a way change it back. annoying. on a semi-related note...does anyone understand the naming scheme for the BIOS/BMC downloads? why dont they just have the...
  2. A

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

it looks like x9spu is included as well, mine sits at a blue AB screen from the end of time :eek:
  3. A

IPMI IKVM + External display on Supermicro X11SBA-F?

did you try with the GPU removed? if this post is correct (discovered by accident), a GPU will make the bmc video work weird.
  4. A

IPMI IKVM + External display on Supermicro X11SBA-F?

IPMI pulls its video directly from the onboard BMC video. there is no connection to any PCIE cards. what you are trying to do is electrically impossible. even if you aren't using the video, IPMI is still godlike, since you get remote power control and a bunch of other things that simply cannot...
  5. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

oops, missed that. they reportedly do all support 10gb though, so I assume that parts a typo, like the ppl immediately after that post also think?
  6. A

I would be cautious with that until you are sure what any agreement actually says. it could easily say that you void the whole agreement by using anything not supported, instead of just not getting support until removed. I'm pretty sure that most of us here in these forums are not working with...
  7. A

do you have any particular preference between these? I like the extra ports + ~200$ less + dual PSU on the 6610, but they are huge, louder than my purpose should need, and use like 2-3 times the power of the mikros, so I cant really make up my mind. not using sfp 10gbe rj45 would have excluded...
  8. A

cisco, for example, will absolutely deny support if you have anything non-cisco, even if probably its unrelated to your problem (if you have a non cisco sfp and your fans are dead, you will probably be told to replace the sfp before they will do anything). most companies will do that for...
  9. A

uhhh, you mean 10gbe rj45 modules I hope? the context implies that but the actual post is...ambiguous when you don't read context accurately, like me :/
  10. A

the thread is 150 pages long. i have no idea how many people are using what, the first page, while full of a ton of info, doesn't seem to have that info that I can find. i guess it would be more accurate to have made that "..do not?". and I'm getting this from the brocade site, which lists a...
  11. A

do these brocades work with any 10gbe rj45? they seem tempting compared to CRS317-1G-16S+RM, but as far as i can tell, that supports basically every sfp, including rj45 copper 10gbe, while the brocades...do not. I'm not sure I wanna spend 350$ for only 8x10gbe ports that can never do 10gbe rj45...
  12. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

oops, forgot to mention, i have the trunk shutdown on the lb6m due to it not working (and the lb6m not having to reset and disconnect everything when i modify ports which the cisco seems to do), and the cisco will disable more than one port that connects to the same network aka the lb6m. thats...
  13. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hello, I'im trying to figure out how to trunk catalyst 2960g to lb6m. I have the ports physically connected like this: lb6m cisco 0/25 = Gi0/41 0/26 = Gi0/42 0/27 = Gi0/43 0/28 = Gi0/44 where 26-28 are in 1/1 and 42-44 are in Po1, while 25 and 41 are is normal i want the etherchannel to...