SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
OK. Can you please tell me what you have in:
  1. 16 GB modules you have in DDR4, either RDIMM and UDIMM
  2. SODIMM ECC modules 8+ GB

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Sorry to be picky about it, but Helsinki is the capital of Finland. Also the psychological phenomenon is not known as Helsinki Syndrome, but Stockholm Syndrome and indeed Stockholm is the capital of Sweden.
Interesting reading about it is on wikipedia: Stockholm syndrome - Wikipedia
It's a (perhaps obscure? Thought everyone in the anglosphere at least would be aware of it) pop culture reference to Die Hard, revolving around ignorant talking heads. I've done a fair bit of traveling around the baltic so I'm aware of the difference! :)

• Haha
Reactions: T_Minus

artlessknave

Mar 16, 2017
Per SuperMicro, updates for X9SPU-F and X9SCM-iiF will be posted tonight.
hooray. now I just need to get my damn hardware clock rolled back again...truenas will change it to 2021 from the OS...but I can't find a way change it back. annoying.
on a semi-related note...does anyone understand the naming scheme for the BIOS/BMC downloads? why dont they just have the version name in them. makes my head hurt.
oh, and please thank supermicro webjunkie since you are talking directly to them.

webjunkie

Mar 17, 2016
FYI - from a few systems I've seen, it looks like BIOS version 2.0a is not impacted. We had a few still running that version.