Search results

1. M

ESXI Server w/ NAS (trying to save power)

I recently asked for some assistance in the CPU and MB section. I was looking to expand my NAS but avoid the near 200w idle consumption of the DL380G5 I planned on putting back into service. With the help of some forum members I picked out some parts and placed a bunch of ebay orders, a large...
  2. M

Low Power Build Help

I ended up getting the rest of the parts over the course of the weekend. So the whole buy ends up being: (1x) Xeon E3-1265L V2 (1x) Supermicro X9SCL+-F (1x) Dell PERC H310 (4x) 8GB ECC UDIMM (2x) Intel SFF-8087 Breakout Cable (1x) Norco RPC-2008 (1x) RL-26 Rail Kit (1x) SeaSonic SS-400L2u 400w...
  3. M

Low Power Build Help

I would like to be able to put 10-12 3.5inch but I can only support the 8x on the card currently so that would be minimum. I would then need to fit 1 or 2 SSD inside somewhere. I would rather have rackmount since I already have the rack and all, but I can just put it on a sliding drawer. Hot...
  4. M

Low Power Build Help

Decided to just stick it and drop the money on the udimm. Its really only an extra $100-150 more than expected and that doesn't leave much back and forth when it comes to trying to go e5 with rdimm and stay small and correctly powered spec'd. Now I am looking for what chassis to buy.
  5. M

Low Power Build Help

hmmmmm I will have to decide what to do. Not sure whether to suck it up and get the RAM or to try to cancel ebay items/relist them and try again.
  6. M

Low Power Build Help

That chart was awesome thank you so much. This is what I just bought to start: Super Micro X9SCL+-F Dell PERC H310 XEON E3-1265L v2 It ended up being ~$10 extra to go for the 1265l over the 1260l... which is equivalent to not catching the right seller on the 1260l to be honest haha. It...
  7. M

Low Power Build Help

Thinking about dropping the NIC requirement and buying something from the PFSense people directly to support them. I am liking that series of Xeons. Might go to the 1275L for the extra clock speed just depends on whats available and prices. Looking at SuperMicro motherboards now that might...
  8. M

Low Power Build Help

I have been running out of space on my QNAP. I am going to sell it to my father and work on a server build. I was originally going to fire up the DL380 G5 and attach a DAS to it. I started to do the math and this system idles at 200W which puts my power usage at about $25+ a month, which...