Search results

1. N

threadripper workstation boards

Has there been any release date on this board? I would love to get my hands on this. Great alternative to something like the Xeon D-2xxx series. since the Ryzen runs at 65W roughly what those do. Lower-power servers.
  2. N

Supermicro Single Socket Epyc Motherboard

Hello, I see now that Supermicro has this listed now and one of their suppliers (PCMall) has a price (438.99 for the NC model) but no availability. Do we know if a release date for this board has been determined? So far this seems like the best setup/price that I have seen for a single...
  3. N

Working ESXi on Ryzen

The way they announced it, although I thought quite odd, I was under the assumption the 1P processors were for single socket and 2P processors only worked in dual-socket, I figured due to infinity fabric interconnects, but that was just assumption with no actual proof. As for ordering. I...
  4. N

Working ESXi on Ryzen

As of now cost, availability and TDP. Supposedly the lower-end EPYC is supposed to be about $500 which is close to price of Ryzen 1800X, but they are unavailable for us mere mortals to buy and only available for 2P servers. The lowest single socket is the 16 core close to $750 along with a...
  5. N

Working ESXi on Ryzen

Sorry to revive an old post. Now that 6.5u1 has been released for some time, has anyone re-tested Ryzen on ESXi with SMT enabled again to see if it is a viable ESXi home server?
  6. N

Upgrade advice from AMD FX-9590 to Intel or AMD Naples?

Sorry to revive an old thread, I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and with the flood of newer processors and setups that are hitting the market, I waited. I don't like to use the current system anymore as it takes forever to do anything now and seems more counter-productive. Since we now know...
  7. N

OK, what about the Core i7 Processors? They are quite a bit less expensive than the Xeon's and the ASUS X99-WS/IPMI board would seem to work and have the IPMI support I needed. The only thing I didn't see in a feature set for the i7 is vPro which I believe is more security related and not...
  8. N

Hello, I had built a ESXi system originally with 5.5 on it, but have upgraded to VMWare vSphere 6.5. It runs an FX-9590 processor (220W, but undervolted) with 32GB DDR3 RAM (Max) on an ASRock 990FX Extreme9 board that is also water cooled (trying to quiet it a bit). Also have a 256GB SSD for...
  9. N

ESXi on ASRock 990FX Xtreme9 non IPMI, Stay or Go?

Hello, I built a ESXi Whitebox a little over a year ago that has a ASRock 990FX Xtreme9 AMD motherboard with an AMD 9590FX 8 core processor installed (undervolted), 32GB DDR3 memory, Swiftech Water cooling system and Fractical Quiet Case. This also sits in my office a few feet from my desk. I...