Search results

1. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

Nah as long as they're willing to refund including shipping costs I'm fine with that. But I hope for their sake that they'll soon remove their listing from the product - it makes no sense :-p
  2. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

They've confirmed to me that this is indeed the E5-2696 v4.
  3. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

I must admit it does look like its just the same seller and product like INTEL XEON E5-2696v4 / E5-2699v4 SR2J0 22-CORE 2.2GHz (3.6GHz Max) LGA2011-3 CPU | eBay Given all this, I finally decided to ask the seller for a refund (which I'm currently awaiting a response on, through Amazons site)...
  4. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

Yes spec wise, but not in terms of market price. Had this been a real 2699 v4, you could have sold this in a year and still earn a substantial amount.
  5. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

That image wasn't there before.... at has just been added....... How disappointing... In the past I've already turned crowntechs counter offer of 1650usd for a 2696 v4 on ebay, and then he just goes to amazon and sells it to me for 1699usd under a false name - both the product and company. I...
  6. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

I need to buy all the other hardware first, so I'll probably not be able to hook it up within the next few days. But I'll see if I can take a few pictures - hopefully there's nothing wrong with it - I just paid $465.78 in import charges :eek: Edit: Some of the other sellers of that same...
  7. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

It does seem almost too good to be true, and you're right the reviews does seem very strange. But remember most of the reviewers probably paid the full price because it's only when "IB Tech" get a new stock, that the price will drop - they seem to be the only ones being able to sell that cheap...
  8. S

Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

Update: The CPU is a 2696 v4 - NOT a 2699 v4 The seller however, has been very polite and did offer a full refund. So atleast the seller does live up to its ratings and reviews - 100% customer satisfaction. It has to be a mistake. Intel CM8066002022506 Xeon E5-2699 v4 22Core/44Thread 55MB...
  9. S

Best motherboard for E5-2699 V4

Thank you for the answer.
  10. S

Nanotech... okay let's not discuss it further - whether or not I'm justified to do a Xeon build just because I like to game a little in my spare time, and not intend to use it only for the typical use cases. It's almost as if you're ignoring my points - and focussing on the little typos I make...
  11. S

Hi guys, when I wrote that final line I feared all focus would be on that, instead of the title, but thanks for the warning. There's no doubt about that it would be far from ideal to purchase a Xeon if it was only to be used for gaming... although some games such as Doom 2016 actually does seem...
  12. S

Thanks for the great answer Patrick. I can definitely rule out proprietary and I'll not need a lot of SATA devices / drives. Just the possibility to drop-in a 2nd cpu at some point, and of course the RAM to back i up. Btw. how many RAM would you recommend for such a CPU? 4x 16GB per cpu should...
  13. S

I'd rather not make this thread go off-topic, but to answer your question, for some reason I found 3 in stock on amazon yesterday, where the price had suddenly dropped to just 1699 usd. It's back up to 4000+ now, so I feel pretty damn lucky, although to me it's still a lot of money for a CPU! :-)
  14. S

To begin with I'm just throwing in a single Geforce GTX 1080. I don't plan on using the pc as a server, but as a desktop pc for multimedia purposes - streaming while gaming and doing multiple things on multiple monitors at the same time. I know the 2699 might be a bit overkill for that use...
  15. S

Hi guys, I just purchased a Xeon E5-2699 V4, and now I'm on the hunt for the best motherboard, memory etc. Since I've already invested in a quite expensive cpu, I'm definitely looking at a dual socket motherboard, so I can buy a 2nd cpu and some extra memory in a year or 2. I've already done...
  16. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Haha I don't know how I missed that, since I've analyzed this for hours over the last few days. Good find! I guess this seals the deal. Thank you very much - always nice to hear a 2nd opinion.
  17. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks Nanotech, but are you 100% sure about the first one. The one with the hwinfo + another photo showing it's a "Socket B, 1356-3"? Also since the numbers have been blurred, there's really no 100% way of telling right? Another thing that caught my attention was that it says Stepping...
  18. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi, I was just about to buy the e5 2658 V4 from ebay when I noticed it says "LGA 1356-3" both in the product details on the page and the cpu-z screenshot. I couldn't find anything on the internet about any E5-2658 V4 having this socket - they seem to be 2011-3. So I was thinking.. Since the...