Xeon E5-2699 V4 - $1750

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
Update: The CPU is a 2696 v4 - NOT a 2699 v4

The seller however, has been very polite and did offer a full refund. So atleast the seller does live up to its ratings and reviews - 100% customer satisfaction. It has to be a mistake.

Intel CM8066002022506 Xeon E5-2699 v4 22Core/44Thread 55MB 2.20GHz LGA2011-3 Tray Bare

I don't know how they can sell it this cheap, but I just purchased mine a few days ago and now the seller "IB Tech" has got new Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU's in stock.

I thought this was such a great offer that I purchased it eventhough I had to pay +30% in import taxes here in Denmark - it's still less than half the normal price and cheaper than ebay, taobao etc.

I'll receive mine with FedEx Priority shipping tomorrow, if you have any questions about the quality of the product. The seller does seem to have a good rating.

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Somethings not right. all the reviews are joke reviews and although it says 23 percent were 1 star, they don't show at all. very strange.

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
Somethings not right. all the reviews are joke reviews and although it says 23 percent were 1 star, they don't show at all. very strange.
It does seem almost too good to be true, and you're right the reviews does seem very strange. But remember most of the reviewers probably paid the full price because it's only when "IB Tech" get a new stock, that the price will drop - they seem to be the only ones being able to sell that cheap.

I took the chance the 3rd of february, after reading the sellers reviews - that day the price was at it's lowest $1699 and there were only 3 left. Didn't expect them to get 20+ more a few days later at almost the same price haha :)

Richard Wad

Feb 7, 2017
Very Interesting. Amazon has restrictions on who can list certain products. Sellers now have to prove to Amazon they are authorized by Intel, Microsoft, etc. by showing Amazon invoices from authorized distributors.
Since its below intel 1,000 pc quantity pricing of $4115, I have no idea what to think. Stolen?
Could you post when you get your chip and test it?

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
Very Interesting. Amazon has restrictions on who can list certain products. Sellers now have to prove to Amazon they are authorized by Intel, Microsoft, etc. by showing Amazon invoices from authorized distributors.
Since its below intel 1,000 pc quantity pricing of $4115, I have no idea what to think. Stolen?
Could you post when you get your chip and test it?
I need to buy all the other hardware first, so I'll probably not be able to hook it up within the next few days. But I'll see if I can take a few pictures - hopefully there's nothing wrong with it - I just paid $465.78 in import charges :eek:

Edit:

Some of the other sellers of that same product wrote in Q/A:

"Hello, we are selling this CPU at $4150. CM part number stands for OEM tray product - Tray product . Same exact as new retail CPU but without a pretty retail packaging. This way intel sends processors to manufacturers.
Best Regards,
IT Creations Support Team"

I guess that explains a little about how they can at least sell it a little cheaper.

Also, before I saw this crazy low price on Amazon I did approach several of the more credible busines contacts on alibaba - on I got an offer there for 2550$ for just 1 item without negotiating the price - if you buy a lot of them I'd suspect the price could go as low as $1700. 1 thing's for sure. They're definitely not earning a lot per sold cpu this way!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is not a scam, but again.. the seller seems legit.

Also if you filter the reviews you can see that there're actually no "verified purchase reviews" for the item - neither good or bad. I thought Amazon only allowed verified customers to rate and review products, I guess not.

Last edited:

klammore

Jun 17, 2016
@syXzor it looks like IB Tech on amazon is http://crowntechsolutions.com/ and crowntechsolutions on eBay

It looks like they just sell under a different name on amazon for some reason, I'd give crowntechsolutions a call during normal EST business hours and see if they are affiliated.

It's taking all of my willpower not to jump on this deal though, my dual e5-2695v3 rig is more than enough for me. Else I'd be all over this.

Reactions: syXzor

Richard Wad

Feb 7, 2017
Very interested to see what syXzor gets in the mail tomorrow. It will probably look brand new. Some company may have bought these and went belly up. Can't see anyone liquidating this chip for the next best thing when the only real step up is E7s

Reactions: Patriot

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
That link helps.
Found this off facebook
Crown Tech Solutions - Sanford, Florida - Local service | Facebook

Jay Gojuk1 starSelling refurbished equipment as new under the name "IB Tech" at Amazon. Beware.
the picture show a 2696 v4 btw
That image wasn't there before.... at has just been added.......

How disappointing... In the past I've already turned crowntechs counter offer of 1650usd for a 2696 v4 on ebay, and then he just goes to amazon and sells it to me for 1699usd under a false name - both the product and company. I guess we can't know for sure, and although I've just contacted the seller and customs, I think I'll just go ahead an cancel the order.

I've asked the seller to guarantee to me that this is not the 2696 v4 but the 2699 v4 (the market value is quite a bit different so this matters a lot!), if I'm to accept delivery from FedEx. By not accepting delivery and asking fedex to hold it back, I hope that I'll have no problems asking for a refund and letting FedEx return the item back to Ib Tech... I'll give them a few hours to respond, and if I still get no answer, I'll go through Amazon and ask for a return. Hopefully I'll get a refund on the customs duty as well.

Last edited:

maxermaxer

Oct 28, 2016
How disappointing... In the past I've already turned crowntechs counter offer of 1650usd for a 2696 v4 on ebay, and then he just goes to amazon and sells it to me for 1699usd under a false name - both the product and company. I guess we can't know for sure, and although I've just contacted the seller and customs, I think I'll just go ahead an cancel the order.

I've asked the seller to guarantee to me that this is not the 2696 v4 but the 2699 v4 (the market value is quite a bit different so this matters a lot!), if I'm to accept delivery from FedEx. By not accepting delivery and asking fedex to hold it back, I hope that I'll have no problems asking for a refund and letting FedEx return the item back to Ib Tech... I'll give them a few hours to respond, and if I still get no answer, I'll go through Amazon and ask for a return. Hopefully I'll get a refund on the customs duty as well.
I am just curious. Isn't 2696v4 the same as 2699v4? I think their spec are exactly the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
I am just curious. Isn't 2696v4 the same as 2699v4? I think their spec are exactly the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes spec wise, but not in terms of market price. Had this been a real 2699 v4, you could have sold this in a year and still earn a substantial amount.

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
I must admit it does look like its just the same seller and product like INTEL XEON E5-2696v4 / E5-2699v4 SR2J0 22-CORE 2.2GHz (3.6GHz Max) LGA2011-3 CPU | eBay

Given all this, I finally decided to ask the seller for a refund (which I'm currently awaiting a response on, through Amazons site). I also asked FedEx to stop the delivery of the package to me (currently caught in customs check, although I transfered all taxes, import charges etc. to FedEx 2 days ago), but they seem somewhat slow to respond.

Thanks for the warnings here (and detective work @klammore & @Richard Wad ;-p)- maybe a "bit" naive of me, but I just had so much faith in Amazon and never bought overseas before.

Reactions: Hal

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I learned a long time ago that if you buy from Amazon, you're safe. if you buy from an Amazon affiliate, all bets are off.

Reactions: Hal

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Images are wrong all the time... the part # matcehd the 2699v4.

I would have let it be delivered and see what you got, can always return claiming not what you ordered...

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
You might have just wasted a lot of time and trouble over nothing. Not surprised that the china imports are a little fast and loose on descriptions but do more research next time.

FYI - 2696 V4 (SR2J0) is better than 2699 v4 (SR2JS) and identical on feature support. It is an "OEM" version (NOT ES) but with 150W instead of 145W TDP (higher is technically better for complicated reasons) and slightly faster turbo bins.

Mine was $1600 on ebay during an 8% bucks day, they have been readily available around $2000 for months.

As for "market value" nobody on this board should give a damn as long as it functions in E5 boards. (this is servethehome not resellers and speculators anonymous)

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
You might have just wasted a lot of time and trouble over nothing. Not surprised that the china imports are a little fast and loose on descriptions but do more research next time.

FYI - 2696 V4 (SR2J0) is better than 2699 v4 (SR2JS) and identical on feature support. It is an "OEM" version (NOT ES) but with 150W instead of 145W TDP (higher is technically better for complicated reasons) and slightly faster turbo bins.

Mine was $1600 on ebay during an 8% bucks day, they have been readily available around $2000 for months.

As for "market value" nobody on this board should give a damn as long as it functions in E5 boards. (this is servethehome not resellers and speculators anonymous)
I definitely consider market value when I'm buying parts -- it makes it way easier to justify purchases of nice-to-haves if I know I can get most or all of my money back on the other side. :)

syXzor

Jan 30, 2017
Images are wrong all the time... the part # matcehd the 2699v4.

I would have let it be delivered and see what you got, can always return claiming not what you ordered...
They've confirmed to me that this is indeed the E5-2696 v4.