Search results

1. V

ES Xeon Discussion

If the production processors have those turbo bins would it apply to the ES2 also.
  2. V

ES Xeon Discussion

just to clarify. ES2 has lower turbo bins but higher clock speeds than the production processor?
  3. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks. Dont know why the list showed 3.5 max turbo. A little confused when u say " please see below." dont know if it pertained to my inquiry. The image looks like its a diff processor. So, the production processor turbos less that the ES2.
  4. V

ES Xeon Discussion

I found a list that shows the e5 2667 v3 QEYA at 2.9 base and 3.5 on all turbos. Has anyone found the same figures? The tests I run the max it goes to was 3.1.
  5. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi, I currently have a e5 2667 v3. im loooking to overclock but thought it would best to know some sweetspot overclock numbers that i can use for a trial. I am currently running the x99 taichi. Also new to overclocking. Any advice or direction would be great. How far can you take the e5 2667...
  6. V

workstation for 3D Cad & simulations

Wakizashi, Thanks for the info and tricks. Great stuff u have there. appreciate it.
  7. V

I am assuming the engineering samples are also aimed at consumers and are specific to their uses. They can have problems like no boost clock, lower clock speed, disabled cores, incompatibilities....?? this is what ive been told unless there is something else that says otherwise.
  8. V

Also assuming the engineering samples are also aimed at consumers and are specific to their uses. They can have problems like no boost clock, lower clock speed, disabled cores, incompatibilities....??
  9. V

This is something i keep hearing. some claim they have got the EVGA sr-2 with 6 c xeons and overclocked them to 5.0 Hrtz, at the same time, it is mentioned the xeons are locked and cannot be overclocked, but can turbo. when you overclock a xeon is it the same as turbo or are they 2 different...
  10. V

Do you have to have a certain dual socket MB's to utilize xeon turbos or is it something all MB's can do?
  11. V

thanks for the reply. yes, I am not trying to do any weather simulations or something as grand. i do use autodesk vred for presentations that are gpu intensive. the GTX dosent do a bad job but the way i see it, a good sli gtx can manage my load of date. the latest quadros are great if u have...
  12. V

yes I would have to get a quadro for acceleration. but whats more logical...GTX or an accelerated quadro for gaming?
  13. V

thanks for your reply, I will be using 2 pcie slots (SLI). GTX 1080 SLI is good enough for gaming. I never have but would like to use GPU acceleration. will be using it for home network...Direct cable connection. there will be more computers to connect later down the line. so far i have got a...
  14. V

hi, Build’s Name: N/A Operating System/ Storage Platform: win 10 pro CPU: Budget is def an issue. I will be starting with TWO E5-2609 v4 (8C, 1.7GHz, 1866MHz, 20MB, 85W) which is around 200$. To be honest, not really sure if there is a better choice for the buck which includes turbo. I am...
  15. V

First time building

Actually when i asked my I.T department, they had mentioned you cant go wrong with dell. their advice was a dell 7810 which can be easily purchased on ebay (refurbished). The space and air circulation is pretty good with the cases. The dual socket MB is also pretty solid. I was more inclined in...
  16. V

First time building

actually, dell workstations are pretty good with sound. I too was recommended to get a barebone dell for a workstation build.
  17. V

hi, I am looking to build a dual cpu workstation for 3d modeling. so far I have the Z10PE-D8 WS picked out. I will be using the build mainly fro simulations and gaming. I am guessing the MB might come with many other options which i may or may not be needing that is more pertinent to I.T or...