EXPIRED Supermicro AOC-STGF-I2S PCIe Intel X710 Dual Port 10gb SFP+ Network Card $38.55 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

reasonsandreasons

May 16, 2022
Notable that these are 3.0x8 cards, so you can run them without a bottleneck on a 3.0x4 link. Useful for desktop platforms or any other place you only have a x4 slot available.

nexox

May 3, 2023
This is more expensive (once you factor in shipping) than the HPE-branded ConnectX 4 Lx 25G cards posted last week, which still show a dozen in stock. Unless you really need Intel or a specific feature found on the X710 but not the Mellanox it seems like the latter would be a better choice.

Reactions: reasonsandreasons

nmpu

Sep 22, 2023
Bradenton, Florida, USA
This is more expensive (once you factor in shipping) than the HPE-branded ConnectX 4 Lx 25G cards posted last week, which still show a dozen in stock. Unless you really need Intel or a specific feature found on the X710 but not the Mellanox it seems like the latter would be a better choice.
I'm no longer actively searching, so I missed that deal. Back when I was shopping, I didn't realize that SFP28 was backward compatible, so I probably overlooked some newer cards.

HP 640sfp28 aka Mellanox4 Lx MCX4121A-ACAT $29

If you need a low-profile bracket, that would be extra expense.

Last edited:
Reactions: izx and nexox