The Most Feature Packed 2.5GbE and 10GbE Mini-Switch to Date Hasivo S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE Review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
I've always wanted one but didn't because there aren't any switches that met my use case while I'm open for business.

Reactions: gigatexal

ADFHogan

Nov 24, 2023
Australia
This sounds like a really good upgrade to what one should be able to expect from cheaper switches EXCEPT for the fact all the MAC addresses are the same.

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
my
S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE
arrived today.
Can't get it to do anything. Its powering on and I can log into it with admin/admin but its IP (as listed in the article here) is 192.168.0.1 and I don't think its changeable. If I leave it to the default window, it looks to be editable but when I hit apply the switch no longer does anything. If I change it to the other option (which looks like recieve dhcp) nothing happens. I cannot get it to connect to my router at all. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing to work?
I have ATT fiber, watch that to come off of main router/switch to this, my desktop into port 3 or 4, with my synology NAS in ports 1 and 2 (for a bonded pair). Im trying to get faster speeds from my desktop to my NAS. My desktop has a 2.5G port so that end is fine. If I bond 2 NAS ports at leaste thatll give me 2G sorta (1G per channel). If im moving simultanious files itll be faster at least. I may ad a 10G fiber port to the NAS's PCIe slot later direct to the switch.

AT anyrate anyone have any ideas how to get this switch to cooperate?

* edit Oh yeah, in DUMB mode data is moving thru it. I can plug my PC into it, and any port on it to my router and get the internet. I just cannot get the managed functions to work.

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
In our Hasivo S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE review, we find the most feature-packed cheap mini switch to date with 2.5GbE, 10Gbase-T, SFP+, PoE, and

The post The Most Feature Packed 2.5GbE and 10GbE Mini-Switch to Date Hasivo S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE Review appeared first on ServeTheHome.

Continue reading...
my
S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE
arrived today.
Can't get it to do anything. Its powering on and I can log into it with admin/admin but its IP (as listed in the article here) is 192.168.0.1 and I don't think its changeable. If I leave it to the default window, it looks to be editable but when I hit apply the switch no longer does anything. If I change it to the other option (which looks like recieve dhcp) nothing happens. I cannot get it to connect to my router at all. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thing to work?
I have ATT fiber, watch that to come off of main router/switch to this, my desktop into port 3 or 4, with my synology NAS in ports 1 and 2 (for a bonded pair). Im trying to get faster speeds from my desktop to my NAS. My desktop has a 2.5G port so that end is fine. If I bond 2 NAS ports at leaste thatll give me 2G sorta (1G per channel). If im moving simultanious files itll be faster at least. I may ad a 10G fiber port to the NAS's PCIe slot later direct to the switch.

AT anyrate anyone have any ideas how to get this switch to cooperate?

* edit Oh yeah, in DUMB mode data is moving thru it. I can plug my PC into it, and any port on it to my router and get the internet. I just cannot get the managed functions to work.
Anyone got any ideas here?

Hazza64

Jun 6, 2023
This is gonna sound stupid, but...
@MyersJ2 I had the same issues when trying to login in Linux, but trying it in windows worked first time.
I'm not exactly sure why the same USB3.0 adaptor would not be able to ping the switch @ 192.168.0.1 in Linux, but work immediately in Windows 11.
I've also found that any change to the IP address (setting a static, switching to dynamic assignment) does not hold after a reboot.
My Hasivo S600WP-5GT doesn't have that issue, at least.

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
This is gonna sound stupid, but...
@MyersJ2 I had the same issues when trying to login in Linux, but trying it in windows worked first time.
I'm not exactly sure why the same USB3.0 adaptor would not be able to ping the switch @ 192.168.0.1 in Linux, but work immediately in Windows 11.
I've also found that any change to the IP address (setting a static, switching to dynamic assignment) does not hold after a reboot.
My Hasivo S600WP-5GT doesn't have that issue, at least.
I cant get it to change the IP at all. Or recieve DHCP. Its kind of a brick.

Reactions: Hazza64

Hazza64

Jun 6, 2023
One thing I saw in the comments under the article for it is that you might be able to change the default IP address @ http://192.168.0.1/menu_ft.cgi but I haven't tried yet. You may want to back up the firmware first (which involves opening and pulling it off the bios chip -_-) before changing it as I think this overrides what it will 'factory reset' to.

Has anyone been able to verify that *any* settings stick after a power cycle? I want to use this in managed mode for PoE port control and vlans, but I'm ok with falling back to 'dumb' mode if it doesn't work like that.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
Has anyone been able to verify that *any* settings stick after a power cycle? I want to use this in managed mode for PoE port control and vlans, but I'm ok with falling back to 'dumb' mode if it doesn't work like that.
If I just hit apply then changes take effect until the next power cycle. If I save the configuration using Tools > Save then the changes stick through power cycles.

(V1.7 & V1.9)

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
If I just hit apply then changes take effect until the next power cycle. If I save the configuration using Tools > Save then the changes stick through power cycles.

(V1.7 & V1.9)
Is there a firmware update or anything that helps? I cant get anything to work on it. I turned on dumbswitch mode and did a sorta trunk from my synology software, but its not that usefull in the end.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
I don't know what firmware you're on. I have these switches (both Hasivo and the POEPLUS twin) with V1.7 and V1.9 firmware and they've honestly been flawless, once I figured out the settings don't persist until I do Tools > Save > Save.

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
I don't know what firmware you're on. I have these switches (both Hasivo and the POEPLUS twin) with V1.7 and V1.9 firmware and they've honestly been flawless, once I figured out the settings don't persist until I do Tools > Save > Save.
Where do I find firmware updates? I searched the hasivo site and found nothing. Did I just miss it?

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
Where do I find firmware updates? I searched the hasivo site and found nothing. Did I just miss it?
I didn't find firmware updates. That's why I'm running both v1.7 and v1.9.

I messaged Hasivo through AliExpress asking for the v1.9 firmware to upgrade my v1.7 switches. They had responded to my previous message (confirming they fixed the 'same MAC address' issue) but ignored my messages requesting a v1.9 firmware file - those messages are marked as read, but never received a response.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
I didn't find firmware updates. That's why I'm running both v1.7 and v1.9.

I messaged Hasivo through AliExpress asking for the v1.9 firmware to upgrade my v1.7 switches. They had responded to my previous message (confirming they fixed the 'same MAC address' issue) but ignored my messages requesting a v1.9 firmware file - those messages are marked as read, but never received a response.
Gave up too quickly. The english language website has nothing, but the chinese language version of the pages are different, with links to the firmware downloads (the fourth tab across, labeled: 8759425.png).

e.g.
S600W-4GT-2XGT-SE V1.9
S600WP-4GT-2XGT-SE V1.9
S600W-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE V1.9
S600WP-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE V1.9

Last edited:
Reactions: AdrianBc

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
Thanks,
Now, without instructions I gotta figure out how to upgrade the firmware lol.
Just upgraded my V1.7 switch. Quite easy.

Tools > Firmware Upgrade > Upgrade

...then after the switch has entered firmware upgrade mode...
Tools > Firmware Upgrade > Browse... > Upgrade

...then the Upgrade button is disabled, and you wait a minute or two (with no feedback on the web ui). The port you're plugged into will flash its traffic LED for a while then there'll be a wait, then the LEDs will flash various patterns, then the switch will be upgraded and ready to use again...

Of course, this failed the first time I tried - I just had the power LED rapidly flashing. So I had to connect to the switch at 192.168.1.1 and re-try the upgrade. It worked fine this time.

MyersJ2

Jul 8, 2023
Just upgraded my V1.7 switch. Quite easy.

Tools > Firmware Upgrade > Upgrade

...then after the switch has entered firmware upgrade mode...
Tools > Firmware Upgrade > Browse... > Upgrade

...then the Upgrade button is disabled, and you wait a minute or two (with no feedback on the web ui). The port you're plugged into will flash its traffic LED for a while then there'll be a wait, then the LEDs will flash various patterns, then the switch will be upgraded and ready to use again...

Of course, this failed the first time I tried - I just had the power LED rapidly flashing. So I had to connect to the switch at 192.168.1.1 and re-try the upgrade. It worked fine this time.
Thanks
I'll give it a try but part of my issue has been logging into it at all. cant set IPs...

Hazza64

Jun 6, 2023
So, @MyersJ2, I found that you need to go here and click save to actually load the currently running config as the one it loads on boot. Not exactly the most intuitive interface. 1711556469054.png

Now I'm trying to get the VLAN stuff working.
Trying to use ports 5/6 as 'Trunk' ports and have devices plugged into 1-4 on the CameraVLAN (300), but it doesn't appear to be working.
1711556567439.png