Wasmachineman's Water Cooling Adventures

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
LETS ****ING GO

R9 Fury X @ 1185/500 1.3V with Aquacomputer kryographics block and GC-Extreme paste using the 3x480 external WC from my VR rig, plus the 2x420 rads in the VR rig itself, since my GPU to CPU hose is too stiff.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Ooh, it appears a Pentium 4 3.0 I stole out of a dead Optiplex seems to be a good overclocker: 15x266 seems stable thus far, and that's just on air cooling.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
buildzoid has dailyed a 5 GHz 3930K for years to the point he degraded his CPU lol
I was dailing 4820k at 5GHz myself, i must say its true. It degraded after couple years (at first required more voltage, but then not even that was enough.)

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
I received @CyklonDX's WC stuff at last. Cleaned up the rads, reservoirs (tossed one of them though because cracks) and the XSPC waterblock.

As luck might have it, I bought a Raystorm Pro for Intel CPUs but it uses the same mounting hardware as the AM4 Raystorm Pro he gave me, nice lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CyklonDX

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
holy shit kill me, I bought a Mo-RA3. Paid €250 including shipping and feet.

Going external WC on the main rig instead of the VR rig because the latter doesn't need that much cooling and if I do I can just ramp the fans to 100%.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
I also decided to swap out the rather ****ered TechN block on the bench rig to CyklonDX's his Raystorm block and it performs just as well as the old one.

Plexiglas blocks never ever again for me, brass or copper only.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Next step: ordering a fan grille and fix that cursed extender setup, which I'll do later this month or next month.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
You can try EK customer service (while its EOL, they may machine one for you - tell 'em its for museum or something hehe.) (else you can ask some1 in china to do it for you)

Last edited:

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
You can try EK customer service (while its EOL, they may machine one for you - tell 'em its for museum or something hehe.) (else you can ask some1 in china to do it for you)
That would cost me more than the entire GPU. Consider this: I paid €10 plus shipping for the Aquacomputer R9 Fury X block I have now.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
Major change in my setup: no more VR/AI rig. I'm moving the 4090 to my main rig because I don't play in VR anymore and AI tasks are better off done on my main rig.

Besides, if I wanted to play in VR I could always grab my bench rig and put the 6900 XT in.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
how is vr these days? I broke my set many years ago (rift dk2) does it require facebook to play? Or still some stand-alone things around?

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
how is vr these days? I broke my set many years ago (rift dk2) does it require facebook to play? Or still some stand-alone things around?
Meta with the standalone Quest, and Valve with their Index or SteamVR headsets.

Wasmachineman_NL

Aug 7, 2019
The psvr2 doesn't sell as good as sony expected and stopped the production because the stock keeps piling up.
Sony is reportedly pausing PSVR 2 production to clear excess inventory (Original source is bloomberg :D)
VR in general is meh to me. Then again I'm a literal sub-80 IQ retard that hates socializing unless I share a common interest with someone.

Also the reason I quit VR is that the only thing I do in VRChat is this:

Yes, me staring at the fireplace in The Roost of The Great Pug. And yes, for the Genshin players among us: that's a female Albedo!

Last edited: