UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Last updated 22/04/24

Hi all,
I'm tidying up the warehouse at Servero and we have a few machines that are either frankensteins or unicorns in the sense of they are one off's and I just don't know who or where to sell them too but I can't bring myself to scrap them.

If you can collect from Basingstoke, RG24 8NE you will have priority. You will also be given free gifts to help get you up and running ;)

Once they are gone they are gone...

BPN-SAS3-846EL1 - 24 bay SAS3 12G expander backplanes - ideal for upgrading older SAS2 chassis, these are drop in replacements for BPN-SAS2-846EL1, BPN-SAS-846A, BPN-SAS2-846TQ etc and allow a low cost single 12g HBA connection to all 24 drives.

£50.00 each

Mellanox MCX314A-BCBT Dual Port 40Gb NIC - older cards, £10 each?

Mellanox Infiniband Kit - anyone have use for FDR cards or switches or cables?

Also have some EDR cables here too if you can use.

** OFFERS INVITED TO CLEAR **
100+ Intel Xeon E5-2660 v2 CPU - £5.00 each. MOQ 2 inc postage in the UK.
100+ Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2 CPU - £6.50 each. MOQ 2 inc postage in the UK.
100+ Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 CPU - £5.00 each. MOQ 2 inc postage in the UK.
100+ Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4 CPU - £7.50 each. MOQ 2 inc postage in the UK.
100+ Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 CPU - £10.00 each. MOQ 2 inc postage in the UK.

100+ Supermicro 12Gb AOC-S3108L-H8iR RAID controller - £40.00

20 x Supermicro SYS-6028TR-DTR - 2 servers in 2u 6028TR-DTR | 2U | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. £75.00 each ex rails.

QTY 1 x SYS-5039MS-H12TRF Supermicro 3U Microcloud inc 9 (+3 blanks) X11SSE-F nodes Requires E3-12xx v5/6 CPU and VLP ECC UDIMM, 4 x 2.5" or 2 x 3.5" SATA

QTY 1 x SYS-6028U-TN4RT - 2U X10DRU-i Dual Socket 12 Bay 3.5" machine, onboard SATA to 8 bays, can add a HBA or RAID, caddies and psu included.

£75.00 each = £30.00 for Supermicro rails if required.

QTY 8 4 x Quanta T21P-4U - Dual Node high availability 70 bay 3.5" shared storage chassis. E5-2600 v3v4 CPU compatible.

£300.00 each as barebones.

QTY 20+ - Supermicro SYS-F618H6-FTPT+ - Hadoop cluster nodes but could be configured for any little storage cluster, 4 x 1u server trays inc support for 12 drives per tray.

£100.00 each as barebones. £75.00 for Supermicro rail kit for these machine - they are new spares that cost me more than that to replace from SM.

QTY 1 left x Supermicro 4U 24 bay empty chassis with 12G single path expander backplane, could use any ATX motherboard or JBOD power board.

QTY 3 x Supermicro 4U 24 bay empty chassis with 6g direct attach backplane and x9dri-ln4f motherboard, requires 24 port sas controller (or 3 x 8 port etc), or 12g upgrade viable..

£75.00 each + £30.00 for Supermicro 2U railkit if you need it. Includes the caddies and dual PSU.
Can include a motherboard if it helps you get up and running.

Will remove these and add more as the days go by.

Toby.

PS. We are normally Monday to Friday 9-5 opening hours, but I will look at evening weekend collections if it helps those who would need to travel.

Attachments

Last edited:

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Prices? Payment methods? Shipping outside of UK?
Hi Samir,
Sorry, for lack of detail, offers invited as I can't sell them at retail prices any more. Just need the space back. Payment - paypal, credit card via stripe or bank deposit is fine, we are UK VAT registered business and shipping outside of the UK is viable, but will delay and can be expensive as some of these machines are heavy and in all honesty if I get an offer for £50 and it costs me £200 to ship and £50 in time and packing it's just not worthwile. Some of the systems are worth a few hundred £ i'm sure, but priority is given to UK clients who can collect.

Happy to wait a week and take whatever the best offer is if that's fairer as I appreciate some people may not see the post for a few days...

Toby.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hi Samir,
Sorry, for lack of detail, offers invited as I can't sell them at retail prices any more. Just need the space back. Payment - paypal, credit card via stripe or bank deposit is fine, we are UK VAT registered business and shipping outside of the UK is viable, but will delay and can be expensive as some of these machines are heavy and in all honesty if I get an offer for £50 and it costs me £200 to ship and £50 in time and packing it's just not worthwile. Some of the systems are worth a few hundred £ i'm sure, but priority is given to UK clients who can collect.

Happy to wait a week and take whatever the best offer is if that's fairer as I appreciate some people may not see the post for a few days...

Toby.
Thank you for the extensive details. I only asked because the posting rules require these details:

I'm sure at the right price these will go to a good local home quickly and you can get that space back. :)

Oh, and before you scrap them, consider posting them to this thread for free:

Reactions: Patrick and mrpasc

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
There's some nice gear in there. Too bad that shipping will be prohibitive, but I am sure you'll find enough UK folks to pick you clean :)
Good luck.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
How much for the 5 jbods? Can you do palet delivery to Portugal (if so how much, assuming pallet is cheaper, if 5 boxes is cheaper that works for me) ?

Last edited:

Finbester

Aug 28, 2022
QTY 1 x SYS-6028U-TN4RT - 2U X10DRU-i Dual Socket 12 Bay 3.5" machine, has a 9361-8i controller and onboard SATA
Interested in this, how much would shipping be to Finland?

E: if there are takers locally, just give this to them.

Last edited:

MrMeeb

Aug 12, 2019
Potentially interested in the JBOD chassis. Local to Basingstoke, can collect. What kind of price? Are there rails?

Thanks!

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
May be interested in one of the Quanta chassis, though I need to read up on its connectivity specs.

Just to confirm, they're all dual node variants? You don't happen to have a single board version?

Last edited:

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
May be interested in one of the Quanta chassis, though I need to read up on its connectivity specs.

Just to confirm, they're all dual node variants? You don't happen to have a single board version?
Sorry, they are all dual node HA versions. You could just turn off the 2nd board though (cold spare) and the single board will still see all the drive bays. I had it running as a storage "miner" a while back in that config. You just lose 8 drive bays in comparison to the single node version I think.

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
Sorry, they are all dual node HA versions. You could just turn off the 2nd board though (cold spare) and the single board will still see all the drive bays. I had it running as a storage "miner" a while back in that config. You just lose 8 drive bays in comparison to the single node version I think.
...and the prices?

psc

Jun 30, 2019
If you can collect from Basingstoke, RG24 8NE you will have priority. You will also be given free gifts to help get you up and running ;)

QTY 4 x Supermicro 4U 24 bay empty chassis with 12G single path expander backplane, could use any ATX motherboard or JBOD power board.
Interested in 1 or 2 of these, and could collect during working hours. What price do you want? Do you have any JBOD boards spare?

Edit: That Quanta T21P-4U could also be tempting... at a price

Reactions: tjsgifan

Navvie

Nov 21, 2020
QTY 4 x Supermicro 4U 24 bay empty chassis with 12G single path expander backplane, could use any ATX motherboard or JBOD power board.
I'm interested in one of these. Takes any ATX motherboard?

Rack rails included? Caddies for drives included? How much?

I'm in Southampton, could collect Monday to Friday. RG24 8NE, what's that, just around the corner from Travis Perkins?

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
How much for the 5 jbods? Can you do palet delivery to Portugal (if so how much, assuming pallet is cheaper, if 5 boxes is cheaper that works for me) ?
I'm interested in one of these. Takes any ATX motherboard?

Rack rails included? Caddies for drives included? How much?

I'm in Southampton, could collect Monday to Friday. RG24 8NE, what's that, just around the corner from Travis Perkins?
Interested in this, how much would shipping be to Finland?

E: if there are takers locally, just give this to them.
Sorry, i'm going to pass on international shipping at the moment as I have little time to organise.

Reactions: Finbester

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Prices added. I have loads of v3 CPU that would work in the chassis i've listed - you can have a few for free if you come and collect. Otherwise, loads of spare parts to make your trip worthwhile.

Potentially could do an open house one weekend if you want to come down and have a hunt for any parts you need - Supermicro is our specialty but we have lots of odds and sods too.

Harmony

Oct 6, 2022
Supermicro SYS-F618H6-FTPT+ look good. Does SM offer these trays that support EPYC 7002/7003 in that chassis? Thinking of long term upgrades

Navvie

Nov 21, 2020
So the 4U 24 bay Supermicro JBODs are as photo? No PSU, no caddies?

Edit: I can collect, no problem.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Supermicro SYS-F618H6-FTPT+ look good. Does SM offer these trays that support EPYC 7002/7003 in that chassis? Thinking of long term upgrades
I don't believe there are an AMD option for these chassis i'm afraid.

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
So the 4U 24 bay Supermicro JBODs are as photo? No PSU, no caddies?

Edit: I can collect, no problem.
Sorry, that's just the way we store them - we build to spec, so if you wanted 920w psu or 1200w psu we take them off the shelf and stick them in. Caddies included too, again, customers sometimes have a mix of 3.5" and 2.5" to 3.5" so we store them empty.

If you can collect from basingstoke then you can configure as you need.