Fujitsu PRAID EP400i crossflashing - Failed to validate MfgPage2 - need adequate IT firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nicolas_thg

Feb 9, 2024
I'm trying to flash the SAS3108 based Fujitsu PRAID EP400i into IT mode following this guide (knowing that it is a guide for another card). However, when I get to the point where I have to flash the 9300IT10.bin firmware on it, I get this error : Failed to validate MfgPage2. According to this exhaustive guide, the error means that the falsher doesn't want to flash LSI IT firmware onto another vendor's firmware.

My main question is : how can I find a vendor IT firmware for the Fujitsu PRAID EP400i that I could flash on it to then flash the LSI IT firmware?

I already went on this website, downloaded and extracted the exe files to find a firmware but it's pretty hard to identify which file it the firmware (if any is present). See the directory tree bellow.

Also, if the first guide I refered to doesn't provie an adequate LSI IT firmware for my card, then where can I find one (if any actually available)?

Maybe I am completely out of touch here. But any help would be appreciated.

Code:
❯ tree -a zip_praid_ep4x0i_pv24.21.0-0151
zip_praid_ep4x0i_pv24.21.0-0151
└── ScsiController
    └── PRAID EP4x0i
        └── PV24.21.0-0151
            ├── gf.par
            ├── PRAID_EP4x0i_242100151
            │   ├── [0]
            │   ├── BSS
            │   ├── CERTIFICATE
            │   ├── CODE
            │   ├── DATA
            │   ├── .idata
            │   ├── .rdata
            │   ├── .reloc
            │   ├── .rsrc
            │   │   ├── 0
            │   │   │   ├── ICON
            │   │   │   │   └── 1.ico
            │   │   │   ├── RCDATA
            │   │   │   │   ├── DVCLAL
            │   │   │   │   └── PACKAGEINFO
            │   │   │   ├── STRING
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4090
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4091
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4092
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4093
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4094
            │   │   │   │   ├── 4095
            │   │   │   │   └── 4096
            │   │   │   └── version.txt
            │   │   ├── 1033
            │   │   │   └── MANIFEST
            │   │   │       └── 1
            │   │   └── 1037
            │   │       ├── GROUP_ICON
            │   │       │   └── MAINICON
            │   │       ├── ICON
            │   │       │   └── 1.ico
            │   │       └── version.txt
            │   ├── .rsrc_1
            │   └── .tls
            ├── PRAID_EP4x0i_242100151.exe
            ├── PRAID_EP4x0i_242100151.scexe
            ├── PRAID_EP4x0i_242100151.sig
            ├── rel_note.txt
            └── versionLeaf.txt

14 directories, 31 files

Zedicus

Jul 12, 2018
those guides all mention wiping the card before flashing the LSI firmware so it should be possible with out needing an OEM firmware.

also, every BAT file in the guide is just a txt with a one line command in it, it would be better to run the commands directly with out using them through the bat file for this, as it MIGHT display more troubleshooting info.

how far through the guides do you make it before you can no longer progress?

nicolas_thg

Feb 9, 2024
I mostly typed the commands myself but after your recommendation, I'll always do it like so as of now.

I got stuck at the step where, after a reboot, I have to flash the 9300IT10.bin file. It gives me the following output :

Attachments

Zedicus

Jul 12, 2018
I mostly typed the commands myself but after your recommendation, I'll always do it like so as of now.

I got stuck at the step where, after a reboot, I have to flash the 9300IT10.bin file. It gives me the following output :
yuck, so the only fix i know of is using this guys patched EFI tool from EFI shell. hopefully you have a way of getting into an EFI shell on something you can stick that card in.

direct link

info page

he explains a lot of the issue and how he got to the patching sas2flash, so it is 'probably' fine. i have flashed a ton of cards but never myself had to deal with that exact issue.

nicolas_thg

Feb 9, 2024
I also found this article and wish sas2hax.efi would solve this issue. But it is for SAS2 cards and my card is a SAS3 card (more specifically a SAS3108).

Any luck of finding a sas3hax.efi anywhere? I don't think I have the skills for reverse engineering that kind of stuff.

Also, I am still in doubt about whether 9300IT10.bin firmware would even work on that card. I also tried 2118IT.bin firmware (that works on SAS2 cards) and got this error (see picture). I wasn't expecting the latter to work but tried anyways.

So I'm still looking for a possibly working IT firmware for the SAS3108 controller / chipset (whatever it is called).

Also, now that I'm looking at it again, I see that sas3flash.efi shows me that the card (after being erased) displays as a SAS3008. So I'm not even sure if my card is a SAS3108 anymore.

Attachments