Drag to reposition cover

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

username1

Feb 16, 2024
I am having trouble changing the boot image logo, I copied the logo.jpg to the usb stick and I get into the shell, but when I do compress.efi logo.jpg I get "open source file failed: no such file or directory. I know I am probably doing something stupid any help would be appreciated!
Hello,

I had the same issue after searching I couldn't find any answer or tuto online only find your post here

the solution is easy you need just change the partition you are on so do below :

shell > fs0:
fs0:\> logo.nsh <your file name and extention>

you will notice it's changed from "shell >" to "fs0:\>"

have a great day !

ochompsky

Feb 18, 2024
Has anyone been able to get WOL working on the 720q tiny with Intel 1219-V? I've got the most recent BIOS/drivers. I've played with every variation of power setting in the BIOS/Windows and cannot get it to wake.

kayson

Apr 21, 2021
Hello,

I had the same issue after searching I couldn't find any answer or tuto online only find your post here

the solution is easy you need just change the partition you are on so do below :

shell > fs0:
fs0:\> logo.nsh <your file name and extention>

you will notice it's changed from "shell >" to "fs0:\>"

have a great day !
What size/format image did you use? I've tried and it flashed successfully but then there was just no image at all on boot

Reactions: username1

Parallax

Nov 8, 2020
London, UK
The PCIe3.0×1 transfer is the bottleneck for both the latest solutions: SSD and NIC.
Old components can be used to optimise technical limitations.
Is a slow start-up an analogy for slow food?
Not fast, but TASTY.
Sorry, but you're wrong. You've confused GB (gigaBYTES) per second with Gb (gigaBITS) per second, so 1GBps for 3.0 X1 is more or less 10Gbps, ie it could theoretically support 4 2.5GbE ports. Obviously in reality there's overhead and I wouldn't expect more than 7-8Gbps, but that's still plenty for a single or dual port 2.5GbE NIC.

For a traditional SSD yes, you'll "only" get SATA speeds (ie 550MBps) off the PCIe 3.0 X1. But that's not bad.

Nonetoo

Mar 6, 2017
Sorry, but you're wrong. You've confused GB (gigaBYTES) per second with Gb (gigaBITS) per second, so 1GBps for 3.0 X1 is more or less 10Gbps, ie it could theoretically support 4 2.5GbE ports. Obviously in reality there's overhead and I wouldn't expect more than 7-8Gbps, but that's still plenty for a single or dual port 2.5GbE NIC.

For a traditional SSD yes, you'll "only" get SATA speeds (ie 550MBps) off the PCIe 3.0 X1. But that's not bad.
wait, could we do a 10Gbe from the wifi slot ? Does such an adapter exist?

Thaliya

Feb 19, 2024
Hi,
quick question - I have the M720q and want to upgrade to a i7-8700. I started looking for the 65W Heatsink and FAN (01MN631 and 01MN632) but couldnt find them shipping to Europe.
If I buy a M920x with a Pentium Gold G5400 and without GPU - will it have the 65W Heatsink installed? Or only the Aluminum Version?

Any other way to keep the temperature in check on the M720q?

joeribl

Jun 6, 2021
Hi,
quick question - I have the M720q and want to upgrade to a i7-8700. I started looking for the 65W Heatsink and FAN (01MN631 and 01MN632) but couldnt find them shipping to Europe.
If I buy a M920x with a Pentium Gold G5400 and without GPU - will it have the 65W Heatsink installed? Or only the Aluminum Version?

There is the Tiny 5 - 35watt aluminium heatsink and the copper 65watt heatsink. Since the Pentium (non-T) is a 58 watt model, I would assume it comes with the correct heatsink for 65 watt.

Also don't forget the 65 watt PSU of the 720q might not cut it. The 920x comes with a bigger one.

Reactions: Thaliya

GiIJoe

Feb 19, 2024
Hello,
has anyone managed to get the bifurcation function working on an M920X? Does the bios have to be different? Does something have to be soldered?
Best regards

GiIJoe

Feb 19, 2024
I soldered the two resistors in Git as shown in the pictures. Bifurcation does NOT work with the m920x and a 9500T CPU.
RE:
I have the 01AJ902 card. F*

Last edited:

username1

Feb 16, 2024
What size/format image did you use? I've tried and it flashed successfully but then there was just no image at all on boot
the size should be less than 8 KB after compression

same happen to me I lost the Logo > now I'm try to get a Dump from a working and reflash it again if you manage to restore the Logo or flash an other please let me know

I got the GUID of the Lenovo logo using UEFITool_NE_A68_win64

search this GUID : 6C9013D0-4059-4723-AF2A-05E63FFECF19 and export the the body with .RAW

trying to recreate an image from it but same issue

I will replay to you if I find something new

username1

Feb 16, 2024
the size should be less than 8 KB after compression

same happen to me I lost the Logo > now I'm try to get a Dump from a working and reflash it again if you manage to restore the Logo or flash an other please let me know

I got the GUID of the Lenovo logo using UEFITool_NE_A68_win64

search this GUID : 6C9013D0-4059-4723-AF2A-05E63FFECF19 and export the the body with .RAW

trying to recreate an image from it but same issue

I will replay to you if I find something new
Finally got it back by flashing a BIOS :

=> https://www.badcaps.net/filedata/fetch?id=2114263 1

also please to make sure RAM plugged in after the bios re-programmed the chip

[ this is NOT recommended if you don't wanna risk your PC since I got NO POWER / NO POST trying different BIOS bins ]

twigwitch

Feb 3, 2024
Have you enabled all the windows settings & disabled fast start in windows ? what program app are you using to send WOL command ?

Thaliya

Feb 19, 2024
Hi,

For everyone needing this in the future.
I delidded my i7-8700 and now have maximum of 80C with stress-ng and Full Fan Speed. :cool:
With the stock M720Q headsink (35W)