Q2 2018 STH Lab Cleaning Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Doing major lab cleaning work. We brought another 10tbps of networking into the lab and 16x dual processor nodes so we need to purge excess capacity.

All prices are going to be shipped to the US unless otherwise noted. International folks feel free to use Shipitto with a US address.

Now accepting Bitcoin/ Ethereum/ Monero for full/ partial payment.

These are data center pulls so assume normal wear and tear and no rails/ ears unless stated:

Networking
  • Ubiquiti US-16-XG - been on the shelf for some time so you will probably need to reset it and you will need to get rack ears from Ubiquiti. Usually, their support will send you these cheap or free - $350
Storage
  • SAS3 15K rpm Drives:
    • 5x Seagate ST300MP005 300GB enterprise performance 15K rpm hard drives - $290 for all 5.
    • 3x HGST 450GB SAS3 12gbps 15K rpm hard drives (model huc156045css200) - $150 for all 3.
  • Take all eight SAS3 drives for $425 shipped or 1.5 XMR
  • HP 1.6TB HH/HL Value Endurance PCIe workload accelerator (Fusion-io card) $500. Here is ebay for the lowest price I see now.
  • Lots more coming
CPUs
  • 1x Intel Xeon Silver 4116 from a retail box with warranty (used for benchmarking) - $925
  • 2x Intel Xeon E5-2697 V3 retail marked - $1500 each
GPUs/ Xeon Phi
  • All sold
Motherboard + CPU Bundles
  • NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Development Kit - $440
  • Firewall / VPN E3 motherboard with QuickAssist chipset X9SKV-1125 w/16GB RAM - $395
Server Systems

I do not have boxes for these. Terms are that if you are local to the bay area will drop them off. If you are outside the bay area, will drop off at FedEx/ UPS store or elsewhere where you can arrange packing and shipping.

These will not have CPUs/ RAM, unless otherwise noted, however, see CPUs section and PM me for what is available.
  • HPE DL60 Gen 9 Barebones - $400 Local Bay Area CA Only
    • Setup with a single heatsink and blanks for the second CPU slot.
    • Dual socket capable
    • Can provide a low power CPU (e.g. E5-2603 or E5-2630L special chip that will work in this as well.)
  • (pending) 2x Intel R2208WTTYS 2U dual-socket servers
    • Both have LSI 12gbps SAS3 mezzanine cards onboard
    • Both have been upgraded with the 4x NVMe and extra 4 SATA/ SAS bay option
    • No power supplies. Using the PSUs on the remaining units I have
    • $2100 for both

Last edited:
Reactions: EluRex

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks @MiniKnight they are pretty easy to get PSUs for. Happy to also discuss throwing in some inexpensive V3's if that helps anyone.

Will get to PM's in a bit. Lots of interest in the Ubiquiti so will go in order of the first PM received.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Must... resit...2U.

Are those the ones you can add another 2x 4x drive trays and potentially run more NVME and/or SAS3 too? Have you ever run ES or QS on them?