General Supermicro question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
I asked this in the motherboards forum but seem to be getting any traction. I am trying to get this stalled project of mine moving before work, wife, kid, aka life decides I need to be working on other things. :)

I am interested in buying a X10DRH-ILN4-O board to for 2 e5-2683ES cpus. I have contacted Wired Zone and they are OOS and while they think they will get more of these they cannot tell when. I have found a seller on ebay, imicros, selling this board for pretty much the same price as WZ. My concern is I do not see imicros listed as a reseller on the SM website.

If I buy this board from imicros and require warranty or support down the road will SM provide it or tell me to pound sand since the board didn't come from someone on list? If this will be problem any other suggested vendors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I think you'll be fine. imicros is likely a dba name of a bigger reseller. I doubt SM even can track where the board was purchased.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
I asked them on ebay if they were Ma Labs turns out they are Superbiiz. This means they are an authorized reseller but there are so many bad reviews about them. Any experiences with them here? The ebay rating isn't bad

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I asked them on ebay if they were Ma Labs turns out they are Superbiiz. This means they are an authorized reseller but there are so many bad reviews about them. Any experiences with them here? The ebay rating isn't bad
Sorry! I used the address found on this page: Contact Us and Google put that at malabs.

I've dealt with SuperBiiz numerous times, never any issue.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
Sorry! I used the address found on this page: Contact Us and Google put that at malabs.

I've dealt with SuperBiiz numerous times, never any issue.
They said they were located in the same building as Ma Labs. Okay well this seems to solve my dilemma. Thanks for feedback.