Recent content by ycp

1. Y

Looking for a cheap 100G network switch

Is your Z9100 manufactured after 2018, asking because of the Atom c2000 bug. Wanted to know if this switch is affected by that?
  2. Y

$600 is the budget
  3. Y

Power consumption and noise is not a concern. Also need minimum of 6 ports at 100G.
  4. Y

I am looking for a 100G switch used for my homelab. Does anyone have any recommended models? Also, are switches with an Atom C2000 cpu worth buying because of the bug they have?
  5. Y

8 port 10gig ethernet switch with dual sfp+ ports

My definition of cheap is around $100. Yes i am looking for 10GBase-T 8 ports + 2 ports sfp+ ports Used switches are ok, and noise is not an issue the switch will be in a server closet.
  6. Y

8 port 10gig ethernet switch with dual sfp+ ports

Anyone know of a cheap 8port 10gig Ethernet switch with dual sfp+ ports?
  7. Y

Samsung 8TB QVO in raid?

I would be using the RAID 0 for some non-critical workloads with nightly backups to regular hard drives. Just looking for a cheap RAID 0 setup. I have not checked about the firmware issues. I didn't know there were any. Basically my workload is read heavy. Just fill up the array once and...
  8. Y

Samsung 8TB QVO in raid?

Hello, Anyone have experience with Samsung 8TB QVO drives in Raid configurations like Raid 0 or Raid 5? Do they perform normally or are there any potential issues that can prop up?
  9. Y

Synology HAS5300 in Supermicro Server

Will Synology HAS5300 hard drives work directly in Supermicro Servers? Will they need to be reformatted to 512 or 4k?
  10. Y

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

Will these drive work with windows server? Also do the drives have to be reformatted to 512 or 4k?
  11. Y

Quanta LB8 brocade firmware possible?

OK i can live without the Brocade firmware, but I wanted to get 1gb sfp modules working on this switch. The LB6M with brocade firmware my 1gb sfp modules work fine but on the the LB8 those same modules dont work. Any ideas on this?
  12. Y

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

I looked around to see if stock firmware is available for download but i couldn't find it anywhere
  13. Y

I wanted to buy 4 of these but need to do my due diligence before hand. I agree that they should work with all modern operating systems. I plan on using these in supermicro server with NVMe bays with windows server. The firmware is custom EMC so maybe that is the issue.
  14. Y

I asked the seller if these drives will work with Supermicro servers with Windows server. The reply i got was that these drives work with Linux PC but don't work with Windows 10. Anyone have any idea if these drives will work with windows server?