Recent content by xephael

1. X

PMC PM8001 based HBA

I have not downloaded Solaris but I'd presume it has the correct firmware in it's distribution to update the controller? I have found 8088.bin and 8081.bin from Adaptec and would presume this card requires 8001.bin. Was there any special utility you had to run in Solaris? I'm dealing with a...
  2. X

Enable 56GbE on HP-649281-B21 / Mellanox 354 with direct connect?

Is 56GbE restricted to IB, or does it work on Ethernet with FDR14 as well?
  3. X

Purchased QSFP+ cards : Need cable help

I have a Mellanox branded cable that mentions 56GbE QDR/FDR10 but I'm not seeing 56GbE in mxltool when looking at port rates. Does that mean Mellanox's store is wrong about it?
  4. X

Fluctuating speeds on 40gb Mellanox

I was wondering what temperature are your cards running at as mine run way too hot without active cooling.
  5. X

Mellanox Connect-X CX314A Cooling Dual 40GbE

mget_temp was reading up to 82C on one of the cards. I mounted a 120mm fan above them and the temperature dropped to 52C (actually still dropping as I type this). They definitely need active cooling.
  6. X

Mellanox Connect-X CX314A Cooling Dual 40GbE

Does anyone know how hot these run? The mounting points are 35mm apart, heatsink is 45mm. Looks like the best way to actively cool them would be to screw in a low profile fan to the factory heat sink?
  7. X

48+ ports 10gb switch with some 40gbps ports recommendation

DCS-7050T-64-R ... save the money on all the SFPs; all ports enabled. Watch for them on ebay. Downside is it's noisy and draws 120-150 watts idle.