Recent content by x00r

1. X

Aruba R1N28A is actually a Seastone DX010

UPDATE: If you want to have the Questone 2 (not 2A) supported by BISDN, join their community Slack and help me build an image... I have the will power, but not much experience in doing so.
  2. X

Aruba R1N28A is actually a Seastone DX010

Hi, I have the same "problem" as i would like to install an supported and open NOS on Celestica Questone 2 (not 2A). AFAIK the only difference is the Trident 3 ASIC, where the D3030 Questone 2 has the "Trident 3 - X7" and the Questone 2A has a "Trident 3 - X5". => BISDN wont work out of the...
  3. X

Quanta S210-X22RQ 2U LGA2011 Barebone (10Gb and LSI2008 mezzanines included)

Dear All, may i ask you for help? I have bought 4 pcs of the 24 sff version of SS210-X22RQ because i needed a cheap way to spin up old SAS drives... BUT no matter what i try, no SAS drive is visible to to controller. All of them came with the DA0S2GTH8B0 Quanta LSISAS2008 Mezzanine controllers...
  4. X

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Dear STH users, I have just purchased an DCS-7050QX-32S(-R) and would like to upgrade it to the newest EOS when it arrives. Am i right that it currently is the 4.21.0F? Can somebody share it? As far as i understood from End of Sale of Select Models of the Arista 7050SX, 7050TX and 7050QX...
  5. X

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Thank you for the insightful info... But that means, the thing is unusable for Ethernet Networks without the 3k license? How it is possible that the EMC ones do have it? Were they used for ETH within the EMC use case? Or is is just a gimmick caused by the rebranding to vanilla? A see a few of...
  6. X

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Dear STH forum members... This may be a bit off topic question, if so, i am sorry about that. I am looking for a cheap 10 GbE switch in shops within EU and after reading this What are the options for "Cheap" 10G SFP+ Switches right now? : homelab i got intrigued by the possibility of having a...