Recent content by William

1. W

STH YouTube Channel - Yes we have one

Way to go Patrick !!
  2. W

3080 deep learning rig questions

Yeah Patrick, let's grab an RTX A6000 also, looks like a beast of a card ! ;) Another impossible card to get :(
  3. W

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Review A Compute Powerhouse

Even then you will get put into a Quene with more than an hour waiting time, dealing with a number of Captcha's only to find you end up in another Quene with limited stock then get the dreaded out of stock message. Yeah, that's the PS5 deal anyway. Been doing that one for about 2 weeks now as I...
  4. W

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Review A Compute Powerhouse

We would also... so hard to get these... Sadly :(
  5. W

STH YouTube Channel - Yes we have one

Very nice Patrick !!
  6. W

My BBQ and Smoker Thread

I can get Apple and Cherry, it's not as easy to get as Almond out here. Mesquite is very strong tho., and in the Central Valley, there is not that much Mesquite unless you buy the bags of chunks. I need small logs for the burner. That one box of hot wood might be enough for a Brisket. I also use...
  7. W

My BBQ and Smoker Thread

Ok Patrick has me getting the smoker bug again. Thanks ! This is my beast, its an Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Offset Smoker which is a good starter stick burner. I picked this up on sale at Lowes for $400, they assembled and delivered it. I think the weight is about 237 pounds, it seems a lot...
  8. W

My BBQ and Smoker Thread

WOW very nice Patrick !! The new server... err... smoker is huge ! :)
  9. W

My new 64 core EPYC workstation ROARS to life!

Very nice rig TJ !! I sent my 3990X back to Patrick and run the 24 core version here now on a ASUS Zenith II Extreme. I really enjoy all the NVMe options on the board, plus all that x16 PCIe slot action. I must admit tho., a few days ago I was looking at 3990x's thinking I would like to return...
  10. W

M2 8TB $1500

Testing mostly... and.. well.. because :) This machine will be my primary on the go workstation, it will hold most of my NAS files also. Working for Sabrent helps out also with getting these drives. At some point the 2x 8TB in RAID will get used is something else.
  11. W

M2 8TB $1500

I am running a Dell Precision 7740. Normal version with the big battery has 4x M.2 slots. Mine has the small battery and 3x M.2 + 1x SATA which I plan on using for up and coming product. I use one 8TB for a boot drive, two others for a RAID 0, so right now 24TB of flash. The version of the...
  12. W

My BBQ and Smoker Thread

Those look great !! :)
  13. W

HP EliteDesk 705 Mini G3 Notes

That's quite the collection you are getting there :)
  14. W

STH Turns 11 in a Very Different Year

Congratz Patrick and STH !!
  15. W

My BBQ and Smoker Thread

HAHAA Good stuff !! :)