Recent content by WhyBe

1. W

Hyper-V rookie

Thanks to both of you for your replies :) I am planning to do differently : I have installed free VMWare ESXI and then nested a Hyper-V on a VM. I'm now trying to grant my mates a remote access to ESXI, or to my network through a VPN Wireguard (but seems hard, since we are on ISP networks which...
  2. W

Hyper-V rookie

Hi everyone, I just assembled my very first home server (see specifications below), for the purpose of my studies in IT and for personnal matters such as game servers, FTP / media server, ... (but that's not my priority atm). I would like to share this hypervisor with my coworkers on our study...
  3. W

Supermicro Case 733TQ-668B

OK, thank you for your answer ! Good thing I have purchased one, I was just wondering if this chip could do the same thing. Have a nice day.
  4. W

Supermicro Case 733TQ-668B

Hi everyone, First of all, I'm brand new into this "servers world" and I got a bunch of things to learn. That's why I'm here :) I got this case, and it comes with a backplane where you plug HDDs in hot swap bays on one hand and to molex and SATA3 on the other hand, to the motherboard. On this...
  5. W

Supermicro H12SSL-i, H12SSL-C, H12SSL-NT, H12SSL-CT boards - notes, experiences

Hi, I have installed Microsoft Server 2022 on a H12SSL-i, it's working fine.
  6. W

OK, the BMC interface is still not responding on my network, but I managed to solve the "dual screen" issue by using "windows + P" until "this screen only" been chose :p Edit : It's weird, I can't access BMC or router interface on my laptop, but all is good on my cellphone !
  7. W

Yes, the jumper is right, thanks for the idea. Still nothing with the VGA, but somehow (I didn't do anything), I got signal from the graphic card but I've lost the BMC now ...
  8. W

There is no adapter. This plug, direct on VGA from my motherboard.I was still using the screen a month ago, but with a VGA to DP adapter that time. OK, thx, I'll see if I can find this option in the BIOS.
  9. W

Hi everyone ! I have recently assembled my very first own server on those parts : CPU : AMD Epyc 7282 Motherboard : Supermicro H12SSL-i RAM : 2x Hynix RAM 32GB DDR4-3200 2Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (in D1 and C1 slots as recommended) SSD : 2x Lexar NM790 2 TB on the two nvme slots on board HDD : 4x WD...