Recent content by weeman

1. W

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

It will be going in a camper trailer and powered by a 12v lithium battery so will always have constant power, it's just when fully charged the batteries will be 14.5v. I'll run it off a buck boost dcdc to play it safe. What is the best idle power people are getting on the N100 x86-p5? I'm...
  2. W

Does anyone know the input voltage range / tolerance for these units? I'm looking at using one in an automotive environment where the power can range from 11-14.4v and don't really want to add a dcdc converter for constant 12v.
  3. W

CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

7450 Pro and Max are 2280 size below 1TB, it is only the larger models which are 22110. Note these drives run very hot and need significant passive or active cooling. I ordered some 800GB 7450 Max drives for my cwwk box, but changed them to WD Red NVMe (SN700) due to the heat of the micron drives.
  4. W

When used as virtualization hosts, the more ram the better. I've got an N305 with 32Gb of ram and sitting at 10% cpu with 90% memory utilization running a dozen or so VMs / Containers. The problem is 48Gb Dimms are not common and usually more than double the cost of a 32Gb dimm. For my use...
  5. W

What are you using to monitor the DC power? I'm also running mine and a few other devices directly from 12v DC (stepped down from 48v) and looking for solutions to monitor power usage and feed into home assistant / InfluxDB and Grafana. I'm looking to build something with a WeMos D1 and...
  6. W

Running Plex in a zone under OmniOS (Performance Penalty?)

Proxmox is based on debian so yes you can create NFS / Samba shares on the host or passthrough the file system to an LXC container and create the shares in the container.
  7. W

Running Plex in a zone under OmniOS (Performance Penalty?)

Your other option is running Plex in an LXC container under Proxmox. This will give you bare metal performance as well as native ZFS which you can passthrough to the Plex container. I'm running this setup at home and it works well and you get a nice GUI to manage the VMs.